Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you find silly/stupid mistakes on TV shows or movies? Can you name a couple? That doesn't include their existence.

Do you find silly/stupid mistakes on TV shows or movies? Can you name a couple? That doesn't include their existence.

If you watch NCIS, Abbey makes numerous errors.(Actually, the writers did.)

Posted - October 16, 2018

Responses

The new version of the "Magnum P.I." TV series showed a promo wherein a character wearing US Marine Corps dress blues has a full beard, contrary to grooming standards. As soon as I saw that commercial, I decided to boycott the show entirely. Some things you just don't mess with. 

October 16, 2018 1:40 PM MDT

That LCDR looks like he needs a shave, too. Only SEALS are allowed to sport facial hair.
      October 17, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

I can't stand what those liberal Hollywood types do with military imagery. 
      October 17, 2018 7:29 AM MDT

Maybe you and I can get jobs as military advisors.
      October 17, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

havent been watching tv lately
      October 16, 2018 2:32 PM MDT

Every show or movie that has to do with law enforcement and/or law is full of inaccuracies.  I've many times found myself yelling at the screen.    
      October 16, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

For years, Hollywood has portrayed criminal court hearings so inaccurately that they're more like Shakespearean soliloquies than the real thing. In real life, the minute a prosecutor or defense attorney begins making speeches or testifying during direct examination or cross examination, the judge would shut it down so quickly that headache would spin.
      October 16, 2018 9:59 PM MDT

"Braveheart" comes to mind. 

Most of it was filmed in Ireland, and the parts that were filmed in Scotland are locations in the highlands. William Wallace was a lowlander. 

He was raised in somewhat nobility. Stone huts would be inaccurate. He most likely would have lived in a castle. 

Highland Scot's began wearing tartan kilts in the seventeen-hundreds, but William and his clansmen, who are lowlanders, are wearing them in the movie, five-hundred years before they were invented. The real William Wallace was a knight, and medieval chainmail would have likely been used during battle. 

The blue and white face-paint is total BS. That became the Scottish flag in the fifteen-hundreds. 

October 17, 2018 12:56 PM MDT