Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Is there any way to restore multiple sheets from a CSV file saved in Excel?

Is there any way to restore multiple sheets from a CSV file saved in Excel?

I downloaded a spreadsheet and my computer automatically opened it in Excel. I didn't even look at the file type; just added data to it for a couple of days while clicking the save button occasionally to ensure my data wasn't lost. I seriously added at least two days of research to it across several extra sheets. I just rebooted my computer and discovered all my work is gone. Only the main page still exists. From what I understand, CSV files are only one sheet; you cannot save multiple sheets, but I would have assumed Excel would have warned me before I closed it that most of my work wasn't saved or would have given me an error message. I never got any kind of notice anything was wrong.

Is there any chance those extra sheets are still floating around on my system somewhere that I might be able to retrieve them from? 

Posted - October 19, 2018

Responses

you should try going to a connputer place, i once had a laptop that the nnotherboard died, and i had a lot of sentinnental pictures on the desktop too, the guy took those pictures of a dead laptop and put thenn on a disc, so nnaybe they can do that for you
      October 19, 2018 5:16 PM MDT

Sorry. But unless you would have some saved in an excel file...it is gone. 
    That stinks.
    It should have given a warning message.
      October 19, 2018 6:52 PM MDT

That's what I figured. Thanks. 
      October 19, 2018 8:33 PM MDT