Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever regretted being promoted to a high position at your workplace because your earlier colleagues' conduct towards you changed?

Have you ever regretted being promoted to a high position at your workplace because your earlier colleagues' conduct towards you changed?

Posted - October 22, 2018

Responses

Some were nasty to me before I was premoted and they could really be after I was.....lol
      October 22, 2018 7:34 PM MDT

• I've found some become deferent and some secretive. Two left the firm because they were bypassed and sent me a couple of dirty emails insinuating I had taken the sexual route to success. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 23, 2018 4:58 AM MDT
      October 22, 2018 7:41 PM MDT

The nastyness stoped instantly in my case when I began to live with who I work for....
      October 23, 2018 1:25 PM MDT

Interestingly I have held the same position for almost 30 years now.  Though my job description, duties,  and salary have changed. My "earlier colleagues" are long gone except for two men in an entirely different department I had nothing to do with.  Some other employees resent my high salary and ease with the higher-ups but they are likely to be more recent hires who do not understand just what I do. 
      October 22, 2018 7:45 PM MDT

I had the only marine biology position in our office.  I didn't want to move up into management, preferring to work in the field outdoors, preferably underwater.  After the government offered an early retirement package to the old timers, they were replaced by younger guys that all had to do the worst jobs in the office.  They resented me immensely and made my life miserable with their hazing and petty pranks.  
      October 22, 2018 8:47 PM MDT

• "No."  It comes with the territory. Anytime you advance to a position that has people above and below you, you must expect this behavior.  The people above you are now more worried about you taking their job than before and the people below you are no longer your friends ... at least not at work.

My Department Manager called me aside, when I was promoted to supervisor, and told me how glad he was that I got the job, that he was sure I'd do a good job and then he said with a smirk, "This is the last time you going to hear the truth." :)
      October 22, 2018 10:45 PM MDT

• Oh! 
      October 23, 2018 12:17 AM MDT

no, i wish i had that problenn, cant even find a job
      October 23, 2018 9:46 AM MDT