Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Men, regardless of the authority figure's gender and/or your sexual orientation, would you sleep your way to the top if you could? ~

Men, regardless of the authority figure's gender and/or your sexual orientation, would you sleep your way to the top if you could? ~

Posted - October 24, 2018

Responses

• Gender would quite possibly be a deal breaker for me. That aside though, I don't know that I would do it now anyway, but I certainly have given myself over to others in the past. At one time I wanted a particular place within my profession, the opportunity arose, and I decided to do just that. I was extremely driven toward getting what I wanted. I would never have done things to hurt others in order to achieve the desired position, but I had no problem using my sexuality as a tool to unlock and make available what I was after. It was quite effective and was something that could actually give a person a heady sense of control or power not only over themselves but others, but I would warn anyone who is contemplating going down that route to be aware of the potential pitfalls associated with such behavior. If things go wrong, they are likely to go horribly wrong. I got lucky. As I said though, gender would be now, and would have been then, the biggest obstacle for me. Thankfully the conflict of undesirable gender never presented itself. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 25, 2018 12:10 PM MDT
      October 25, 2018 6:12 AM MDT