Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Randy D
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Military » If you were military, and were given the order to fire upon the Honduran migrants to keep them from touching toe in the U.S., would you?

If you were military, and were given the order to fire upon the Honduran migrants to keep them from touching toe in the U.S., would you?

Posted - October 25, 2018

Responses

• That is murder!!!  NO WAY!
      October 25, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

No.  Not unless the person was armed and shooting at Americans.
      October 26, 2018 9:08 AM MDT

If it were a legitimate and legal order I would have to.  The operative word is legitimate and legal, I would also verify up the chain of command that it was legitimate and legal.

Same goes for non-lethal force, securing detention facilities etc. .  Use of US Military forces on domestic soil is highly restricted
      October 31, 2018 5:28 PM MDT

What makes it legal or legitimate.....should the indigenous people of north America have wiped out all of the Europeans that landed on its shores and stole their country....
    Why is it ok for the strong and powerful to steal and not the weak and starving....?
      November 7, 2018 1:08 AM MST

"We must obey God as ruler rather than men" (acts 5:29)
      November 6, 2018 10:34 PM MST

Absolutely.  

If the commander says "Shoot they neighbor.", it must be done... don't think about it, it is a command,  and commands from commanders are to be obeyed.

November 6, 2018 10:41 PM MST

In the army or not.....I have no desire to shoot anyone .....:(
      November 7, 2018 1:11 AM MST