Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever been kissed on your lips by a stranger the first time you met?

Have you ever been kissed on your lips by a stranger the first time you met?

My company is in a tie-up with a foreign fashion house, and I was asked to take the visiting couple (a man and a woman) to dinner. We spent a lovely evening, and while saying our goodbyes the man shook my hand, and the woman in a light embrace kissed me on the cheeks and then twice on my lips.

Posted - October 26, 2018

Responses

What is the woman's nationality and/or culture? If she's French, or something similar, it's possibly cultural.

It's happened to me once; she was drunk on beer and we had just been introduced.  I liked the kiss, but I absolutely detested the taste and smell of the stale beer that permeated her breath, mouth, lips, tongue, etc.  Apparently, she had been drinking for hours.  (I've never been a fan of beer.)

~
    This post was edited by Randy D at October 26, 2018 11:22 AM MDT
      October 26, 2018 5:29 AM MDT

Goodness yes.  In the last 20 years seems women expect to kiss you in every circumstance - I guess to show how affectionate they are or are trying to be, or that they are not afraid of affection -  and you just have to accept it and bear it and go along with it.  Some men too.  This post was edited by officegirl at October 26, 2018 12:49 PM MDT
      October 26, 2018 5:39 AM MDT

• Ugh, yes.  My wife's family is one of those weirdo families that kisses each other on the lips when they greet each other.  The first time I met them I got caught off guard by her great aunt and then spent the rest of the day dodging lip kisses like I was Neo dodging bullets in The Matrix. 
      October 26, 2018 8:11 AM MDT

Yup around a year ago a foreign nationale gave some warm thanks on her short visit here!
      October 26, 2018 12:52 PM MDT

(nationale national)
      October 26, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

no
      October 26, 2018 1:54 PM MDT