Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What would be your prayer today? Go ahead...pray BIG. He hears your heart.

What would be your prayer today? Go ahead...pray BIG. He hears your heart.

Posted - October 30, 2018

Responses

I pray for the caravan of people
    heading for the US looking for a better life
    fleeing from violence. What will they find?
    5400 Solders keeping them out?
      October 30, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

• Bless you, Baba.  You have a heart that not only beats for you, but it beats for others as well.  It makes such a beautiful sound.  Thank you for sharing.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 30, 2018 1:50 PM MDT
      October 30, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

They will find a country that can't even feed or house their own people. 
      October 30, 2018 5:06 PM MDT

I don't do prayers. It makes me feel like a great big FOOL!!
      October 30, 2018 9:21 AM MDT

• That's OK, Zack.  Many people take issue with prayer for many different reasons.  Everyone always seems to have their own opinions of what form prayer should take also.   I know you have a heart and it has voice of its own and I believe deeply that there is a greater power who loves you and hears you even if the words aren't spoken out loud.  Blessings to you all day and everyday.

October 30, 2018 9:29 AM MDT

I pray that every person around the world does ONE thing today to help the environment.

A small token of help.  Putting a can in a recycle bin.  Not littering.  Any little effort to help things not going into our landfills would be nice.  
      October 30, 2018 9:35 AM MDT

• What a beautiful garden we've been given, this place called Earth. Its so disheartening how we trash the place. Thank you for sharing your prayer, Merlin. May all the love you give to others find its way back to you a hundred fold. That's the most wonderful form of recycling.
      October 30, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

Why, thank you lollipop. :) What a wonderful thing to say.  I wish the same for you each and every day! :) :)
      October 30, 2018 7:31 PM MDT

I pray daily for Israel, our country, the world's leaders, for my family and friends. 
      October 30, 2018 9:42 AM MDT

• Praying for others before self is indeed a worthy and noble endeavor.  Christ led by example in putting others first.  I know you love the Lord and his love for you is beyond measure.  John 15:12  "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."  May you always walk in his light, m2c.
      October 30, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

i wish god would give nne nnore christian friends to hang out with, inn spending too nnuch tinne alone
      October 30, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

• 17th century English poet John Donne is famous for his quote, "No man is an island..."  We all need others, Pearl.  Especially others who share our passions and beliefs.  I hope the open door of your wish reveals a plethora of friends all waiting to know you.  Remember though, one good and true friend is worth more than many acquaintances.  May you have an abundance of Peace, love, and happiness, Pearl.  
      October 30, 2018 11:07 AM MDT

There is a lot to be said for "alone."  There is a season for everything, as stated in the bible. 
      October 30, 2018 5:08 PM MDT

• This too is true.  Wise words MorningStar.
      October 30, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

• I just want Peace and Love for everyone.
    How many people weep in the darkness at night at what this world has become? 
    My  prayer is for salvation for everyone and I need to know someone is listening

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 13, 2018 7:08 AM MST
      October 30, 2018 10:41 AM MDT

• It is difficult for me to reply to you and your words and remain objective. It is also hard to do so and remain discreet. You have such a special place in my heart. You have become the thread that keeps me stitched together. When life and all its crazy people, its vitriolic politics, its phoney religion, its malignant sickness, its crushing finances try to tear me apart, you are there with hands outreached saying hold on to me. I am awe-struck by you and I am humbled. I have two very special men in my life. One who purchased my heart with his blood, and you the man who safe keeps it until it is one day delivered to him and laid at his feet.. I wish everyone could know the depth of you. How you challenge me to think, how you remind me to love, how you create a breath-taking work of art out of everyday we spend together. From the moment I saw you, I loved you. I want them to know, how when God placed his hand on the small of your back, gave you a gentle nudge and said go, you came to me. Believe me, your prayer will never be the sound of one hand clapping. He listens, and he hears. He too knows you and how fervently your spirit longs for justice in this world. For every soul to be held, comforted and safe in the arms of Love. I know sometimes things are dark but remember this...there may be tears in the night but joy comes in the morning. So come my love, lie beside still waters with me and be renewed. We will look to the sky and I will pray your prayer with you.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 13, 2018 7:12 AM MST
      October 30, 2018 5:10 PM MDT

• Each morning when I open my eyes to a newborn day,

I fall to my knees and declare my love for you through eyes bright with wonder and hope.

We speak to each other through the silence of our heartbeats.

You have shown me the way to his gates through with your patience, compassion, and kindness.

There is nothing I would not do for you; my teacher, my soulmate, my friend

Let’s soar into the heavens together…Someone special awaits us

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 13, 2018 7:12 AM MST
      October 30, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

I pray that everyone can relax a bit and not be as fearful of what lies ahead.  I pray that they have reason to feel that way.  I pray that what lies ahead is of benefit to us all as a world unit that respects all life on all levels.

May everyone in all the World(s) be happy.

October 30, 2018 11:12 AM MDT

• Sharonna, that is so beautiful. Very powerful. A wish for everyone, everywhere to cast out fear. I like that it is all encompassing, just as things like true peace and love and happiness should be. Yet even as profound as that prayer is, truthfully, at the heart of it all, it's such a simple desire. I often wonder why we make things so complicated. Sharonna, If there is any truth to the idea of Karma, and I believe there is, then I hope that all the good which you've hoped for all of us, comes your way first.
      October 30, 2018 1:11 PM MDT

Yes, beautiful.
    :)
      October 31, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

• I have been praying for the victims and survivors of the mass shooting at the Pittsburgh synagogue. The grief is heart wrenching. It was truly too close for comfort.  Funerals have started today.
      October 30, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

For grace and assurance, blessed assurance, that it is well with my soul.

And - - - 

Framed Serenity Prayer - red border Print
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 31, 2018 8:34 AM MDT
      October 30, 2018 7:46 PM MDT

• "The Serenity Prayer" by Reinhold Niebuhr, words so well known and so loved.  Three simple ideas that really get to the heart of how we should approach everything.  I'm glad you made mention of it.  I know you are a true music lover, Welby and if you are like me (and I suspect you are) then you probably find that words are often at their most moving when set to music.  You may already be familiar with Saint Francis Of Assisi's Prayer, "Instrument Of Peace", but If not, then I would like to take this opportunity to introduce it to you through his words below and a song by Olivia Newton-John taken from the album "Grace And Gratitude.  May you always know God's favor.  

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life."

October 30, 2018 9:24 PM MDT

Thanks, Lollipop.
    Yeah, I know of the Saint Francis of Assissi's Prayer. Thanks for sharing it in song. I hadn't heard this song before.

A moment at a time. I stay in the present moment. That'd be another prayer I pray.
      October 31, 2018 8:52 AM MDT