Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What were you doing on your birthday?

What were you doing on your birthday?

Posted - October 31, 2018

Responses

• What time is my surprise party? :P
      October 31, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

Having a back molar pulled.  Happy birthday to me!
      October 31, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

:( .  But, good news for ICE CREAM!!! 
      November 1, 2018 3:45 PM MDT

• My birthday is Christmas Eve, so it's usually just a quiet day at home with my family. We always drive around and look at Christmas lights, then I open birthday presents. :D
      October 31, 2018 9:57 AM MDT

Being abused!  First, I was forcibly pulled out of a comfortable, warm environment by some weirdo in a mask.  Then, for no reason whatsoever, he goes and hits me - smack!  Of course I'm started to cry.  I mean, what'd I ever done to him to deserve that?  Oh, but the abuse didn't end there; no sir!  Some other person in a white pointy hat quickly smothered my face with some kind of rough feeling cloth.  No sooner does she stop when the guy in the mask goes and cuts my food straw in half.  So much for dinner.  Then he plops me onto a cold, cup-shaped thingy.  After mumbling something incoherently, the person in the hat picks me up, sets me by a very deep vat of liquid and proceeds to rub a rough, damp cloth all over my body.  I was mad!  What gave these strangers the right to do these things to me?  When she was done she wrapped me up in a bundle of soft cloth.  Finally, some warmth!  She carried me for what seemed like an eternity before handing me to another half-naked person.  Although I'd never seen this person before, she looked and smelled VERY familiar.  At that point I must have passed out, as the next thing I knew I had a soft, warm thing in my mouth - ah, food!

Of course I now know what actually happened that day and that others go through the same thing.  Yet for some strange reason, people want to commemorate the anniversary of that horrible day as if it were some great thing.  People are weird. 
      October 31, 2018 10:11 AM MDT

Ahh. Being born. So was I. This post was edited by Element 99 at November 1, 2018 3:47 PM MDT
      October 31, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

Everyone has only one birthday.  The rest are just memorials of that day.  
      October 31, 2018 4:26 PM MDT

• I went around Shirtless! 

October 31, 2018 10:26 AM MDT

• It's not your shirt I'm looking at.
      November 2, 2018 8:52 AM MDT

i was out with nny friend
      October 31, 2018 10:41 AM MDT

Trust me.  I didn't care and if I didn't, you shouldn't either.

October 31, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

Hmm... This last one, I went and saw a local blues musician at a St. Paddy's Day celebration. (Yeah, figure that one out... It worked, but I'm not sure what the tie-in was.) That was followed by heading downtown for the night. I'd never gone out for a "proper" St. Paddy's day celebration at an Irish pub. I was asked out three times and proposed to once. Good for my confidence, but I probably won't be doing that anytime again soon. 
      October 31, 2018 1:06 PM MDT

I'm surprised anyone answered this after Shuhak's answer. I was born on my birthday. HAHAHAHA
      October 31, 2018 3:04 PM MDT

Sister and BIL, my guy friend, and one other couple went to my favorite fish house.  I had shrimp, as usual.
      October 31, 2018 4:35 PM MDT

I don't remember; I was just a newborn back then. 

~
      November 1, 2018 12:13 AM MDT

Birthdays are HUGE in my book!  Ya, the trip out was slightly uncomfortable but my apartment was getting too tight anyway. I knew it was time to move out and started kicking, just in case they didn't know already.  I didn't want them to forget.
    In honor of that great day, I thank my mom.   Then, just like most people usually do, I take all the credit.  HA!

I spent most of my day just like I came into this world, naked, and, yes,  I did get tapped on my bottom a few times, too. 

November 1, 2018 4:12 PM MDT

• I don't think I have celebrated my birthday in ages.  I don't know, I always found it odd to do that.  I'd rather celebrate someone else's birthday.
      November 2, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

• For the very first time spent the day with my English boyfriend who made a special trip to be here:)
      November 2, 2018 10:11 AM MDT