Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » “We have no idea who they are”

“We have no idea who they are”

Thus spoke the US President today of the so-called ‘migrant caravan’. Yesterday, they were “very tough criminal elements“, last week they were “unknown Middle Easterners“ and MS-13. 

On televised reports we see poor people: thin men, women and children, homeless and ragged.

So which is it?

Posted - November 1, 2018

Responses

• And let's not forget they're carrying diseases.  Oh wait, some of them are (NBC Nightly News), some so sick they've turned back to go home because they can't make it any farther or keep up.
      November 1, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

Or it got “too real”? 
      November 1, 2018 6:32 PM MDT

• I'm sure they get reports from people they meet along the way and get cold feet.
      November 1, 2018 6:39 PM MDT

Bleak prospects can do that. 
      November 1, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

• Diseases such as "Smallpox" which no longer exist. LOL
      November 1, 2018 10:40 PM MDT

Yes...Smallpox still exists in the world.....it's kept alive by various governments and also by medical institutions....
    The Bubonic Plague also still exists in parts of Chaina ,Africa and it's quite rampant at the moment in Madagascar....  :( 
      November 1, 2018 10:56 PM MDT

I discovered that in the early 80s, when all military personnel were required to get a special smallpox vaccine.
      November 2, 2018 8:57 AM MDT

If you were traveling the world and stopping at ports ,it could only be a good thing....you could have caught any ole pox ,let alone a small one.....:( 
      November 3, 2018 6:23 PM MDT

• I stand by my claim. Smallpox does not exist in the wild any more
    This is FAKE NEWS
    The last known case of smallcase reported in nturally was in Madagascar in 1977
      This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 3, 2018 4:12 PM MDT
      November 2, 2018 9:58 AM MDT

Wild is not world...and just because there is no new cases is not proof that it no longer exists...:) 
      November 2, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

• Since 1977.  That would be 42 years.  

If there new cases of Smallpox during any point during that time frame, there would most definitely have been a news even somewhere...anywhere, but here has not.

I am sorry, but it's prudent to trust the officialls, like the CDC, World Health Organization, Mayo Clinic, and untold thousands of professionalls who's life work is to study, track, treat, and cure illnesses and disease rather than the careless words of a dishonest, agenda-driven politician. 

People are going to get killed by this type of talk just like people were almost killed by the fake News storry about "Pizzagate"

The truth be told, we have more to worry about people in the US who subscribe to the "Anti Vaccine" movement.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 2, 2018 9:04 PM MDT
      November 2, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

Vaccines are good ,but nature let's viruses ,diseases  evolve and mutate like evey living thing in this planet ......plus ,because of their very short life span and  how quickly they can change and adapt lets them keep one step ahead of medical advances......there is also the fact that penicillin and anti biotics through over prescribing and irresponsible use of them with livestock has made them almost useless for treating human diseases ....

I agree....anti vaccine can create huge problems if any outbreak ever occured...
      November 2, 2018 9:25 PM MDT

Humans are devolving. Stupid breeding with stupid.
      November 3, 2018 4:18 PM MDT

I can only agree Ellie...All countries need to begin to try cleaning the oceans we are still polluting with plastics .....it's set to increase five hundred times by the year 2050.....by then  everything  living in the sea will be dead and the would will be starving and at war over food and clean  water   ...:( 
      November 3, 2018 6:16 PM MDT

Prudent? No, useless. I called the CDC when I was ordered to be vaccinated for smallpox. The man said we were being used as Guinea pigs. Our military and theirs have smallpox as weaponry.
      November 3, 2018 4:16 PM MDT

• Yeah, that one was a pretty far stretch. :P
      November 2, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

The ones I saw on the 'caravan' looked to be well fed and healthy. Republican plot?
      November 1, 2018 6:28 PM MDT

Food for thought This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 2, 2018 10:32 PM MDT
      November 1, 2018 6:31 PM MDT

I don't know, but I'm sure Trump wants us to believe that they are going to kill all our children and eat our dogs for food.

If I had a working Star Trek transporter, I would beam them to the white house lawn---No dogs in residence there, so no worries.

Plus, since Trump unfortunately decided to breed and reproduce himself, some good may come of their visit. 
      November 1, 2018 6:35 PM MDT

The WH grounds may finally get that shrubbery trimmed and some fresh mulch.  (I couldn’t help myself) 

At least the Prez could point out the window to show his brats what poor people look like. 

November 1, 2018 8:00 PM MDT

So President Trump's child being killed is supposed to be a good thing? Wow.....
      November 1, 2018 8:49 PM MDT

• No one said abything about "Trump's child being killed" This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 2, 2018 2:45 PM MDT
      November 2, 2018 9:55 AM MDT

Read the post. 
    The immigrants are gonna kill our children and eat our dogs. 
    Trump no dog but did reproduce...something good may come out of it. 

Yes I know it is not literal...it is sarcasm. 
      November 2, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

The soulless individual sitting in the Oval Office these days has completely lost his marbles.  He will say and do anything to stoke fear in the hearts of Americans who are too ignorant to know any better.  What a sad state of affairs.  When the president of the United States counsels the troops on the border to view throwing rocks the same as firing weapons at the soldiers, I know we have sunken to a level never before seen in modern history.  In my view, a soldier who shoots and kills someone throwing rocks at him is a murderer.  A president who claims to be pro-life yet approves of soldiers firing upon human beings armed only with rocks makes him the lowest form of life on the planet.  Amoeba are superior life forms, and if those soldiers obey those orders, then any respect I have for the military will cease.  
      November 1, 2018 7:03 PM MDT