Active Now

Swoop62
Element 99
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Here we GO AGAIN Dept.: No matter how much schooling I endure, I am still doomed to have 10 jobs every 5 years at least. AT LEAST... You?

Here we GO AGAIN Dept.: No matter how much schooling I endure, I am still doomed to have 10 jobs every 5 years at least. AT LEAST... You?

Posted - November 4, 2018

Responses

• I don't really like being tied down to one profession.
      November 4, 2018 10:45 AM MST

I've worked for the same boss for the past 27 years which is unusual for me.  Before that, I used to change jobs every two or three years to work myself up the salary ladder.  
      November 4, 2018 11:27 AM MST

i cant even find one let alone ten
      November 4, 2018 2:25 PM MST

You aren't going to find a job by sitting in front of your computer and complaining you can't find one.  You actually have to go looking for one.
      November 4, 2018 3:03 PM MST

ive looked for thenn and then get thenn only to lose thenn again. tired of losing every one i get which is why i havent been looking lately
      November 4, 2018 3:27 PM MST

Why are you losing them?
      November 4, 2018 4:29 PM MST

Hello there Sharonna..
    Maybe you should be your own boss and work for you.
    I always had a hard time working for other people. I felt it far to limiting and I just don't like being told what to do, especially when I disagree with reason for the order. I found myself in the same situation, changing jobs frequently. Due to an injury and the change with my family situation I went into business for myself. I had developed a  network of dozens of tradesmen, architects and engineers I had worked with through the years, so I started with them. I was eventually able to tailor my work to that which I enjoy doing the most. 
    So what do you enjoy doing the most..

November 4, 2018 3:52 PM MST

My major change was from the Navy to teaching. It was a smooth transition, since I was used to working with younger people. (I trained recruits at my last command.)
      November 4, 2018 6:09 PM MST

I have a dear friend who's been in this same position for the last sixteen years.
    In that time she has studied massage, horse massage, food handling, responsible alcohol service, coffee-making, Ayurveda medicine and foods, natural cosmetics, business administration, horticulture, animal nursing, and primary school special needs teacher aide.
    She tends to do each thing very thoroughly and has a great work ethic. She's sane, well-balanced, gets on well with people, ethical, healthy and startlingly beautiful to look at. I've seen her at work in several jobs. She has an amazing green thumb with plants, adores gardening, and does brilliantly with small children.
    Yet at 55 years old now - no-one will give her a permanent job. She's on an endless merry-go-round of casual part-time jobs and study.
    The worst part is that it makes it impossible for her to find permanent accommodation or save enough for retirement.

November 6, 2018 12:16 AM MST