Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » PART YOUR HAIR??

PART YOUR HAIR??

Not sure if this is in the right category, but here goes:

for some strange reason, I find it fascinating to see which side men part their hair on.........

so for you fellas, what side do you part your hair, and why?

and is it true that lefties part it on the right, as it's easier to comb right to left when you're left handed? as I am, and do?

and if you're right handed, do you part on the left, as, same as reason?

I'm DYIN' to know.....

thanks..

:-D

:-D

Posted - November 5, 2018

Responses

• My hair parted on the right side when I grew it long enough.  Now I keep it at #2 attachment length.
      November 5, 2018 8:47 AM MST

Hello Ben1011
    When my hair was shorter i kept the art on the left side and yes, I am right handed.
    A few years back, I drove my daughter to Santa Barbara to begin her time at college. As we drove she had mentioned my hair was getting long and I needed a haircut, it was just below my collar. I told her I was thinking of letting it grow out  to which she said "whatever you do dad, dont grow a ponytail", needless to say I havent cut it since and now sport a long ponytail. Funny thing is now she likes it..
      November 5, 2018 9:12 AM MST

As you can see, a big round part in the middle! LOL.
      November 5, 2018 9:17 AM MST

•    It's my understanding that each head has a crown.  A place where it looks like your hair starts from ... sorta.  Anyway, this point is rarely in the middle of your head, so when and if you part your hair, you part it on the side your crown is on.

Anyway ... my answer to your question is "no."  I don't part my hair, but my crown is on the left side.  :))
      November 5, 2018 9:35 AM MST

i dont think it nnatters what side they part it in
      November 5, 2018 10:31 AM MST

I am a hairdresser.  I was anyway.

People part their hair for all sorts of reasons, but men usually do it out of habit.  As they get older, it gets parted where the hair needs to be covered.

But I am not a man.  

That is about all the thought they give to it, unless they are an actor or gay and into fashion.

The hair grows in a circular pattern on a rounded shape.  So the side where the hair parts naturally is generally where younger men part their hair and the side where it gathers, is where the older men who want to cover up thinness, part theirs. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 5, 2018 11:51 AM MST
      November 5, 2018 11:38 AM MST

Except, of course, for those of us where, to paraphrase Bill Murray, it just doesn't matter!
      November 5, 2018 12:40 PM MST

I used to part it on the left side, but now...

November 5, 2018 11:54 AM MST

• You just wake up and go? :P
      November 5, 2018 12:02 PM MST

That's got to be John Derek. No one has a face and hair like that.

I may be wrong, but he looked like that.  I think he was Bo Derek's husband for a bit.
      November 5, 2018 1:48 PM MST

Yep...but I always wear a hat.
      November 5, 2018 1:40 PM MST

Funny thing about hats.  Like, did you know that no one in the North wears a dam***n hat in Game of Thrones?

What is UP with that anyway?   Nice warm coat, thousands of feet in the air with the wind at her face going as far north as the Earth reaches, but no hat.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 5, 2018 2:00 PM MST
      November 5, 2018 1:42 PM MST