Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you on the mailing list for the political party opposite yours?

Are you on the mailing list for the political party opposite yours?

I got a postcard yesterday outlining all the "bad" things a candidate stood for, but it was just a reminder of why I liked her. O_o

What's the weirdest political mailer you've gotten this year?

Posted - November 6, 2018

Responses

We got stacks of cards from both parties. Recycle bin.
      November 6, 2018 9:42 AM MST

• I call it filing it in my important cabinet.
      November 6, 2018 12:25 PM MST

Many candidates go off of voter registration rosters for their mailings - not just parties.   Those that are sent to a particular party usually have 1 name on the address (Joe Citizen 123 Main St. Anywhere, USA) , while blanket mailings will have a general address (123 Main St. Anywhere, USA)

Within the last 30 days, I've received 65 cards in the mail, 28 phone calls, and 3 door-to-door solicitors - from both parties - telling me how I should vote.  Mailings go in the shredder, phone calls get disconnected, and solicitors simply get a smile and a nod.  
      November 6, 2018 10:19 AM MST

I am on both parties lists.  I like to know that the other side is saying. 

I don't really get much because where I live is a Rep stronghold. Dems don't waste their money here. 

November 6, 2018 10:24 AM MST

not that i know of
      November 6, 2018 11:00 AM MST

• I only got a couple of asks from them by mail.  Thank goodness they didn't come around in person, equally as bad as fending off JWs. :P
      November 6, 2018 12:23 PM MST

• Hell yes! 

I need kindlig for the wood stove and sometimes I need it to scoop uip dog crap.

It's funny, Some of these republiklans look more appealing with poop on their faces
      November 6, 2018 3:08 PM MST

I have no idea.  I did not read a single one..............they go straight into the trash.
      November 8, 2018 12:13 AM MST