Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Which third party candidate did you last vote for or consider voting for?

Which third party candidate did you last vote for or consider voting for?

Was it me?

Posted - November 6, 2018

Responses

Ross Perot. That little Texas dynamo would have put fire under the butts of inert politicians and gotten things done, even if he had to do it himself; and he’d have been a genuine hoot in doing so. 

Donald Trump is a dull mind’s version of Ross Perot. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 6, 2018 9:45 PM MST
      November 6, 2018 9:06 PM MST

Now is NOT the time to luxuriate.    This is hard core.  We can't afford any mistakes in counting out Trump.

Choosing 3rd party candidates only causes that party to lose.  So why bother?

VOTE BLUE.  All the way down the ticket.

PERIOD.

Forget about partying.  Third or otherwise.
      November 6, 2018 9:21 PM MST

I maintain that all candidates deserve consideration on their own merits, we owe ourselves a vote for the best candidate, regardless of party. Robotically voting party line is just blind.

Just as with Republicans, there are some lousy Democrats out there too. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 6, 2018 9:48 PM MST
      November 6, 2018 9:41 PM MST

Today, in a race for some judgeships in my district, we could vote for seven candidates with about nine running. Many were nominated by both the Republican and Democratic parties as well as the Conservative party. I voted for the three who were nominated by the Working Families party.
      November 6, 2018 9:51 PM MST

I have only voted 3rd party once....when Akin said his bit about "rape". I voted Lib in protest. The result was McCaskill won. I regret that vote. But that was amended last night.
      November 7, 2018 6:57 AM MST

no, it wasnt you
      November 7, 2018 2:59 PM MST

I voted for John G. Schmitz for president over McGovern and Nixon. I think I may have been right but he got less than 2% of the vote. This post was edited by Swoop62 at November 7, 2018 4:17 PM MST
      November 7, 2018 4:14 PM MST