Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do we know if any muggers are being affected by the latest Northern California fires?

Do we know if any muggers are being affected by the latest Northern California fires?

I am concerned for Lavender.  She has not been on here since Nov 3rd.  She lives in an area where she constantly smells smoke from nearby fires:(

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

i didnt know they were having fires out there
      November 9, 2018 12:36 PM MST

• Its all over the news online and TV.  So I hope Lavender is okay!
      November 9, 2018 12:42 PM MST

Try turning on the news once in a while, Pearl and find out what's going on in the world around you.

November 9, 2018 12:56 PM MST

News? Why listen to the news when we have answerMug? 
      November 9, 2018 4:15 PM MST

True, but I do like to get my news from all perspectives. :)
      November 9, 2018 4:18 PM MST

Cinders is she the Paradise area?  Per latest news it has been wiped out with several deaths and most houses are toast
      November 9, 2018 2:37 PM MST

• I  don't really know. I know she moved last year.  Last few months she frequently has had red alerts in her area and often smells smoke.  I emailed her but no response, so I am very concerned.
      November 9, 2018 4:51 PM MST

I don't really know the locations of most Muggers, but I certainly wish her and anyone else impacted the best.
      November 9, 2018 4:16 PM MST

Just asking, Cinders myself and a few others moved here from another site.  Don't ask - long story.  Lavender retired and moved out of the Oakland area to a spot about an hour away.  It is the scene of several horrific fires.  Lavender is truly a marvelous individual as well as Cinders.  Now at times we do have our differences
      November 9, 2018 4:58 PM MST

I see. 

Well, I'm glad you found us, regardless of the circumstances. 

I have been following the fire stories- hopefully she's ok and will touch base soon.
      November 9, 2018 5:01 PM MST

• LoL 
      November 9, 2018 5:07 PM MST

• Hey Arch, just heard from Lavender and she is okay:)  She has not needed to evacuate yet. She said a fire just a few blocks from her daughter scared her to death. But they think it might be arson in this case.  She said she has lived through these fires and red alerts most of her life but this is the worst she has ever lived through. And Trump is threatening to cut funding as he blames those living there for their mishandling the fires! Actually their power company, PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric), are supposedly to blame for the current huge fire in Paradise, and they were to blame for those other fires last year.  She is sorry to have worried us but will hope to be back on site soon;)
      November 10, 2018 12:04 PM MST

Say that article on PSE&G regarding the fires cause.  Cinders thank you
      November 10, 2018 8:57 PM MST

• I haven't heard if anyone is getting mugged in the middle of the fires. :P
      November 10, 2018 11:07 AM MST

Hello Cinders717
    I am not, but my son is. He was evacuated last night. He lives in Calabasas...He is very worried
    He sent me pictures as they were evacuating
      November 10, 2018 12:36 PM MST

• Thank God he's safe and was wise to evacuate;) I can hardly look at the pictures its so horrifying!
      November 10, 2018 9:41 PM MST

Thank You Cinders717
    We are hoping he has a home to go back to. He is going to be coming up tomorrow to the house for a little while, so despite the circumstance it will be wonderful to see him
      November 10, 2018 9:53 PM MST

My best wishes, thoughts and prayers to you and yours, designer.
      November 11, 2018 12:16 PM MST

Thank You Welby
    We have had these horrific fires recently, Santa Rosa and Napa, Mendocino, and now these, the entire town of Paradise is gone. Christopher is down in Calabasas. He was evacuated last thursday at 3 a.m. and then twice from the motels he's been at. They, him and his fiance,  are on their way up here. Even if their place survives it will be awhile till they can go back home.

November 11, 2018 2:32 PM MST

You're welcome, designer.
    Hang in there!

Easy to say, difficult to do, I know.
    I'm in no way in the situation you're all in, but I do know that with challenges I have, if I purposely and consciously "stay in the present moment," it sort of helps me.
    In any case, do take care and Be Well!
      November 11, 2018 8:01 PM MST

• Fingers crossed and sending prayers his home still stands.  Enjoy your time together:)
      November 10, 2018 9:57 PM MST