Discussion » Questions » Politics » Week of Mid-term results, Trump in the news again about illegal campaign funds w/Stormy and Karen. Pecker has immunity, Let's keep him bz.

Week of Mid-term results, Trump in the news again about illegal campaign funds w/Stormy and Karen. Pecker has immunity, Let's keep him bz.

NOT GOING AWAY, DONNIE.  nope

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

i dont know whats going on with that either
      November 10, 2018 2:30 PM MST

• That money was paid to protect his 2016 Presidential campaign! 
    Trump himself was involved directly in each deal! 

Here's what we know:

1. That the money was in excess of campaign contribution limits of $2,700.

2. That the money came from a prohibited source such as a corporation.

3. And/or that the contribution was not properly reported.

4. That the violation was knowing and willful.
      November 10, 2018 2:54 PM MST

1. It was Trump's money so not limit applies (and not a contribution anyway)
    2. No...it was Trump's money
    3. Nothing to report...Trump paid hush money which he has many times over his lifetime. And would not be a legal use of campaign money.
    4. Not a campaign violation. Hush money is NOT illegal by the payee. An argument could be made that the receiver is guilty of extortion.

If is were misconstrued as a campaign finance violation it would simply result in a penalty of a fine just as Obama's campaign finance violations resulted. 

Just to be clear I am not defending any extra-marital affair, hush money nor any other such actions. It is sleazy but sleazy is not a crime. 
      November 10, 2018 3:10 PM MST

• Well you can hope that you are right, but I am glad the Feds are not so sure lol :)
      November 10, 2018 3:12 PM MST