Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Well, I hope all of you who support or are apathetic about so many "Made in China" products are happy now: (read on)

Well, I hope all of you who support or are apathetic about so many "Made in China" products are happy now: (read on)

Last week or ten days ago, I was looking for a pair of casual shoes, and every single one I looked at was made in China. I acquiesced and bought a pair. I've worn them exactly twice before today, for a few hours each time. As I put them on today and began to tie the laces, I pulled to tighten them and the entire eyelet ripped as if it were made of onionskin paper, grrrrrrrr. Bring on the tariffs!  Buy American!
~

DISCLAIMER: I'm just joking around. Oh, it happened just as I've written it above, it's just that the supposed anger is over-exaggerated. 

Posted - November 10, 2018

Responses

Why can't you just go to a shoe store like normal people.
      November 10, 2018 5:23 PM MST

That's where I went. Did you think that I had traveled all the way to China?
    ~
      November 10, 2018 5:24 PM MST

No.  I thought you ordered them on the internet.  I figured if they were that poorly made, you could see the workmanship before you purchased.
      November 10, 2018 5:27 PM MST

No, it was not obvious to the naked eye, and they failed at the third use. 
    ~
      November 10, 2018 7:28 PM MST

• :P
      November 10, 2018 6:25 PM MST

Did you read the instructions before trying to tie them?
      November 10, 2018 5:34 PM MST

Grrrrrrrr. 
      November 10, 2018 7:28 PM MST

That's the new norm...Most clothing is made offshore. I could tell you many stories, but I feel the pain, bro.
      November 10, 2018 8:04 PM MST

Been there, some products are good others not so much.  QC on low end products and counterfeits is low.  Started my civilian career in Asia-Pac and the horror stories I have seen and experienced in China could fill many  volumes of thick books

I rarely buy anything sourced from China unless I have to.

Randy D you are going to make the Globalists. Elitists, Coastal Elites mad  if you keep posting this way. They are going to label you racist if not worse
      November 10, 2018 9:07 PM MST