Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you drop by unannounced or call first to see if it is convenient? When you phone do you ask if it's a convenient time to talk? Why?

Do you drop by unannounced or call first to see if it is convenient? When you phone do you ask if it's a convenient time to talk? Why?

Posted - November 12, 2018

Responses

I always call first even if they tell me to drop by any time. Common courtesy. :)
      November 12, 2018 5:34 AM MST

I don't drop by without calling because it may not be convenient for the other person.  It puts them in a terrible position of asking you to come in when they may not want company at that time.  As for phone, I'm not a big phone person, so unless I have something important to discuss, I will email so that person can respond whenever it's convenient.
      November 12, 2018 8:17 AM MST

Ditto for me too to a T. I ALWAYS call first. I'm not a big phone gal either and so that's why I LOVE emails. You send them when convenient, read them when convenient. No one ever has to be interrupted! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 12, 2018 2:25 PM MST

Exactly!
      November 12, 2018 4:27 PM MST

:):):)
      November 13, 2018 3:19 AM MST

No I let them know up front or we make an appointment.  No don't ask if they can talk but just start and if they are busy expect they will let me know that. Drives me batty when people call and ask me  "are you busy?",  "you're sure you can talk?". "were you sleeping?", "want me to call later?". "let me call later", "you're sure now?" etc.  Please just get down to it and talk!
      November 12, 2018 8:27 AM MST