Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you had to earn a living being witty funny would you survive, thrive or be unable to remain alive and die out there somewhere?

If you had to earn a living being witty funny would you survive, thrive or be unable to remain alive and die out there somewhere?

Posted - November 12, 2018

Responses

Many people (real life and internet) have told me i could make a fortune peddling my humor.  i was even told by a coworker that i'd make a great stand-up comedian if it weren't for my social anxiety.
      November 12, 2018 12:59 PM MST

That is so COOL Shuhak! You must be pretty darned great if others have said that to you. Perhaps a  new career awaits you? I mean didn't Grandma Moses start painting in her 80's?  Another career could well be in your future. Causing people to laugh would certainly erase any anxiety you had. I think giving gift of laughter may be the most permanent thing you can give. It remains in the memory and can be called up at any time. Remember the Lucille Ball chocolate candy production  line? Remember when she pitched that alcohol-based Vegameatavitamin prodct and got drunk because of all the retakes? Or Carol Burnett coming down the staircase with curtain rods on her shoulders holding up drapes that were supposed to be a ball gown? So many decades ago yet still vibrant and fresh! Go get 'um tiger! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 12, 2018 4:36 PM MST

• Although I have been told I am funny naturally, I cannot remember a joke someone tells ever! So I would be out in the street with my tin cup if I had to depend on my wit for financial compensation! lol
      November 12, 2018 4:44 PM MST

But Cinders the funniest people are not the ones who tell jokes! I mean Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett et al were situationally funny. You are that which is so much better than  mere joke teller! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! I'm gonna ask a question about that! :)
      November 13, 2018 2:57 AM MST

• Aww you are sweet to say so:)  It will be a happy Tuesday as I am off to the airport to pick up my British boyfriend who is spending Thanksgiving with me for the first time;)  Have a great day:)
      November 13, 2018 7:16 AM MST

Right backatcha! Have a safe drive to the airport and back and have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time with your boyfriend! Thank you for your reply Cinders! I'm happy that you're gonna be so happy to see him and spend time with him. Enjoy and thank you for sharing that happy info! :)
      November 13, 2018 7:31 AM MST

I hope I would be laughed off the stage Rosie.........:( 
      November 12, 2018 5:13 PM MST

No my friend. If people are laughing it's because they want you to stay on the stage and keep 'em laughing! Ever see any film on Will Rogers?  He is an American icon and was so beloved by all. He just commented on life and was hilarious. If anyone disliked him I'd be shocked. Laughter is in fact the very best gift you can give people. When they're laughing it makes them feel better. Isn't that a nice thing to cause folks to feel? Better? Thank you for your reply D! :)
      November 13, 2018 3:00 AM MST