Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If we all could think alike then there would be no need for arguments or differences of opinion or battles or skirmishes or wars. Right?

If we all could think alike then there would be no need for arguments or differences of opinion or battles or skirmishes or wars. Right?

Would you mind giving up your independent thinking to conform to the norm so we could all live our lives in peace rather than constant conflict? What price individuality? What price independence? Is it worth dying for in war?

Posted - November 14, 2018

Responses

Yes get everyone to think and act just the same. "Normal"?   No individuality, no freedom.  That is totalitarianism.  
      November 14, 2018 4:39 AM MST

With how routinely both liberals and conservatives conform to the pretensions of supposedly like-minded others, I'd say we're much closer to lack of individuality than we care to believe.
      November 14, 2018 4:53 AM MST

If we could all think alike? Would I mind giving up my independent thinking? Yes, I would mind greatly. I have no wish to live in a dystopian, fascist, mind controlled society. I live in a free, independent thinking society and I want to keep it that way. :)
      November 14, 2018 4:52 AM MST

I applaud your resolve, but would sure have to see a modern free, independent, thinking society for myself.
      November 14, 2018 4:57 AM MST

What makes up a society? A voluntary association of individuals for common ends. An enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another. I know many people who consider themselves free, independent individuals and there are many more across this nation. More than many realize. You can see evidence of that right here in AM.

Until that changes for some reason, I live in a free independent thinking society. Though there are many free independent thinking people in America, there are also many who aren't and it is those dangerous individuals who want to take away our freedoms and independent thinking. Mind control isn't on my list of things I want to engage in. :)
      November 14, 2018 3:07 PM MST