Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Games » Word challenge: Take a word, rearrange its letters to make another word, then make a sentence using both words.

Word challenge: Take a word, rearrange its letters to make another word, then make a sentence using both words.

Example: It is still unclear whether or not nuclear power plants are a good idea.

Posted - November 18, 2018

Responses

It absolutely has to do with the differences in how we think or what we think.  You expressed that you disagreed with the way I thought about the post.
      I didn't say that I wouldn't look at anything because it has grammar issues, YOU said that.  My statement was quite succinct: I couldn't get past the grammar issues.  In order to know they existed, I would have had to have read it, duh.
      Where is the efficacy in you expressing what annoys you, but in doing so you badmouth me for expressing what annoys me?  You've known for eons that poor grammar annoys me, deal with it.  You're not better than I am because you find it less annoying than I do, and I'm not better than you either.
       For years now, I've loved you as if you were my older sister, and just like real siblings, you and I sometimes squabble.  Okay, we always squabble, but I digress.  I have one million good things to say about you, and you and I will still be squabbling until we go to our boxes and are getting the dirt shoveled over our faces.  (Decipher that, ha!)

Your brother in strife,

Randy D.
    ~

November 18, 2018 9:34 PM MST

Ok, I'll let you have this one.  You're good and I was not good. 
      November 18, 2018 9:37 PM MST

bad-mouth
      November 19, 2018 5:58 AM MST

I don't like Habits either.....I have Nun I'm my closet and when you snuff it ,you won't be able to think outside of the box...of that I'm sure.....correct me if I'm Wong..:)
      November 18, 2018 11:08 PM MST

• I don't know about anyone else on here, but in my case I have dyslexia.  I have actually had it most of my life but was never diagnosed until recently.  Many non-dyslexics believe that they can correct our condition by pointing our errors out.   It doesn't work that way unfortunately.  I don't know if you feel that you are helping by doing that, but I like you, so I choose to believe that is what your purpose is.   I  hope you understand that pointing out errors to a dyslexic person is not a cure. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 19, 2018 5:59 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 9:32 PM MST

Especially when you are a bright, funny and very interesting person.  I don't give a patootie if you missed a comma.  

Oh and Randy is not grammatically perfect nor is he a perfect speller by any means.
      November 18, 2018 9:36 PM MST

• Hey thank you.  :)    I think most people's heart is in the right place, but many don't understand dyslexia in general.  I don't if anyone else here is dyslexic, but one never knows so I thought I would put it out there.  
      November 18, 2018 9:40 PM MST

I like the grace and style in which you explain it to others who may not realize.  You are a class act.

I'm sure there are others on here who have that obstacle to overcome.  I have directional dyslexia and it is really bad.   I cannot correct it.  It really shows up when I'm driving.  I can actually make a U-turn and lose all my bearings as to which way I am now going.  

It's a hard one to explain, but I am sure you would understand.

Thank GOD for GPS.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 5:59 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 9:43 PM MST

• Wow, I am not familiar with directional dyslexia, but that sounds scary to me.   I do understand the obstacle, that's for sure.   
    And thank you again for your kind words.    You and Randy, and well, 99% of the people are so nice here.  It still blows my mind.
      November 18, 2018 9:48 PM MST

I'll give you an example.  Years and years ago now, I drew a map for a friend of mine to come to my house.  He didn't live that far away, but it took him over an hour to get to my house.

He told me the map I drew was perfect but it was BACKWARDS.    
      November 18, 2018 10:09 PM MST

Hold on.  The honeymoon will come to an end.  Just wait. LOL

I can be a dastardly flaming beotch.  NOT TO YOU, of course, but nice isn't a name that is used much when referring to me.  
      November 18, 2018 10:11 PM MST

• Ahaha.  I have yet to see that side of you, but that's OK.  We all have that side.  I am the last one to judge about that.  I am not afraid.  :p
      November 19, 2018 8:26 AM MST

And Randy D has never said he was grammatically perfect (it doesn't exist), nor has he said that he's a perfect speller (it doesn't exist).  Randy D often admits when he is wrong and often graciously thanks the people who point out his missteps.
    ~
      November 18, 2018 9:42 PM MST

Randy D~

People who live in glass houses should not deny that their house is made of glass, lest they get cut by the rocks being plummeted directly at the target.  Rocks of dissention.  Anarchy.   Randy must be taken to task. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 6:00 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 10:13 PM MST

What the heck does that even mean????

November 18, 2018 10:37 PM MST

And, of course, people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones. Or smoke the walls, for that matter.
      November 18, 2018 10:45 PM MST

Thank you, Lavender.  Many folks mistakenly think that I am trying to cure people or teach people or educate people or humiliate people or belittle people, etc.  Nothing could be further from the truth, regardless of dyslexia or not.  Now I know you have dyslexia, and as you've explained, it's the reason you sometimes post the things you do; I did not know it before.

RD
    ~
      November 18, 2018 9:39 PM MST

• Aw, that is OK, Randy. I was not offended.    Thank you  :)
      November 18, 2018 9:41 PM MST

Well ! You keep trying to cure me.....but believe me  there is none known to man....ask my dad...eel tell ya... :) 
      November 18, 2018 11:12 PM MST

Let's leave my grammer out of this.  She died many years ago. 
    As for typos, please bear with me.  I now have to wear large, clumsy arm/wrist braces when I type (due to carpal tunnel syndrome and bad arthritis in my fingers).  They also make using a mouse a bit painful.   However, as I get used to them and my wrists heal I should get the errors down from myriads to just a few hundred thousand. This post was edited by Shuhak at November 19, 2018 8:28 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 11:34 PM MST

grammer grammar
      November 19, 2018 2:20 AM MST

No, grammEr.   My Grammer always told us to spell her name with an "e" (and to never call her "gran-gram").
      November 19, 2018 9:31 AM MST

OK. But not plain old grandma?
      November 19, 2018 10:54 AM MST

Read, dear. 
    ~
      November 18, 2018 5:34 PM MST

Wow...an answer to the question.
      November 19, 2018 6:02 AM MST