Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » This one was the director's final film. What was this gem of a movie? :)

This one was the director's final film. What was this gem of a movie? :)

Posted - November 25, 2018

Responses

Another really scary thing is children.  No, I'm not afraid of children but anything that hurts them or possesses them scares the holy bajesus out of me.  I want to protect and help them immediately.  Is that what "The innocents" had to do with?  Especially as a child that would freak me.
    I've never seen "Children of the Corn" for that exact same reason.
    Very disturbing, indeed.  It just gives me the creeps. 
      November 26, 2018 9:22 PM MST

Yes, the movie involves a new governess for a young brother and sister. And --

PLOT SPOILER!!! "THE INNOCENTS"!!!!

she becomes concerned about their safety and if they were somehow being invaded mentally and spiritually by the previous governess and grounds keeper. OR -- is this new governess just imagining all of this? Literally mind blowing to me.

The movie is based upon Henry James' novel "The Turn of the Screw." I went to the public library soon after seeing the movie and read the book. 
    :)

"The Children of the Corn" -- both the movie and the Stephen King story -- both somehow did not really scare me. I don't know why.
      November 26, 2018 9:31 PM MST

I'm bugging again -- I hope you see my other comment there -- I shared a fun-to-me story about growing up watching movies.
    :)
      November 26, 2018 8:50 PM MST

You're not buggin.  I didn't see it till right this second.  I'm going up right now!!  Happy! Happy!
      November 26, 2018 8:53 PM MST