Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » SCENARIO: your car isn't in the parking space where you left it, you think it's been stolen but find out later that it's been towed away.

SCENARIO: your car isn't in the parking space where you left it, you think it's been stolen but find out later that it's been towed away.

Has anything like that ever happened to you?

~

Posted - November 25, 2018

Responses

no cause i dont have a car
      November 25, 2018 3:23 PM MST

I've had some difficulty finding my car in the crowded Walmart parking lot, but never been towed.
      November 25, 2018 3:35 PM MST

Thanks, but difficulty in finding it is not the same thing as it not being in the space where you left it. 
    ~
      November 25, 2018 3:48 PM MST

I hear ya and feel ya!!!
      November 26, 2018 2:20 PM MST

Yes. No. Maybe.  Turned out I was just on the wrong floor of the parking deck. 
      November 25, 2018 4:25 PM MST

• I'd have to find out why, because I never illegally park.  Heads would likely role...    I always forget to read your fine print, sorry.  No, that has never happened to me. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 26, 2018 2:21 PM MST
      November 25, 2018 4:28 PM MST

Yes. But living in NYC, one's first assumption is that it's been towed, especially if there are outstanding parking tickets. However, it is a relief to confirm that it's been seized and not stolen.
      November 25, 2018 4:58 PM MST

Actually, my car wasn't where I left it one day. Unfortunately, being an old car, the transmission failed while I was gone and rolled down a long hill into a lake. It was deemed a total loss.
      November 25, 2018 6:21 PM MST

Yep.
    They claimed it was a fire zone ... but it wasn't marked, there were no fire hydrants, and college faculty parked there daily (and one of them was where I had parked, when I went to get my car).

So I paid the fees to get it out ... then had a lawyer send the college a notice to repay me, plus the cost of his services.
    Since the college had to call the tow, and I was legally parked according to the lack of signage and the fact they allowed faculty to park there.
      November 26, 2018 10:19 AM MST

Did you get paid back?
      November 26, 2018 2:26 PM MST

Yep.

Then within a month, there were signs and painted lanes and a couple faculty got towed.

Turns out, one of the Board members was associated with the tow company, and was calling for tows.
      (they didn't get $$, but one of their relatives worked there I guess)
    They then convinced the Board to post it as a fire lane, so they could "officially" get vehicles towed.

LOL
      November 26, 2018 2:43 PM MST

No and I like to keep it that way.  Getting your car towed is not only exceedingly expensive but also can do damage to your car if the wrong tow truck shows up.  I thank God that scenario has never happened and make sure it does not. This post was edited by Merlin at November 26, 2018 2:35 PM MST
      November 26, 2018 2:23 PM MST