Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » I need some help here. We know Jesus was nailed to a cross, died and was buried in a cave and a few days later was resurrected.

I need some help here. We know Jesus was nailed to a cross, died and was buried in a cave and a few days later was resurrected.

Where did he go after that. 

Posted - November 27, 2018

Responses

Excellent question---but I'll make a few comments below.  First, for clarity at this point in this thread:

A persistent confusion seems to exist over the “Immaculate Conception.” Some people mistakenly think the term is related to Mary’s conception of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. However, the Immaculate Conception is the belief that “the most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and in view of the merits of Christ Jesus the Savior of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin…”

(The following is totally mine and does not carry either the nihil obstat or the imprimatur.)

Christ was crucified, died, and was buried.  At that point, His ministry to the Jews and the redemption of mankind was accomplished and the new reality that He had ushered in began.

He appeared to a number of people after His resurrection---as has been mentioned---to prove that He was who He said he was; and 
    I would guess that He was actively supporting the nascent living Church which He established and of which He was the head.

And when you are thinking of Christ after His resurrection, remember that a resurrected body has certain other qualities and fewer limitations than our bodies---so time and space may not have restricted Him.

"In what guise did He walk the Pleiades?

November 27, 2018 7:13 PM MST

I don't think there is any dispute that he was a Jew teaching nothing but Judaism, is there? If not then we have a confirmed Jew "actively supporting the nascent living Church which He established and of which He was the head." At what point, one wonders, did he renounce being a Jew.
      November 28, 2018 1:13 PM MST

Since you don't believe in a triune God, I'm not surprised you missed His seamless change in venues.

November 28, 2018 6:58 PM MST

Your latest assertion, with the change of just one pronoun, would be a perfect explanation for Jesus when, on his second coming, he is dismayed and bewildered to find that he's been placed at the head of a church he never started, "[m'Lord] Since you don't believe in a triune God, I'm not surprised you missed your seamless change in venues."
      November 29, 2018 6:01 AM MST

Back to where He came from...haha
      November 28, 2018 12:09 PM MST

Back to where he came from? Must have been a very ardent and loyal Beatles fan and follower

November 28, 2018 2:28 PM MST

Great beer drinking song.
      November 28, 2018 3:13 PM MST

yep, the band's long gone but the feet still keep tapping and the beer still keeps flowing
      November 28, 2018 3:17 PM MST

Q "I need some help here. We know Jesus was nailed to a cross, died and was buried in a cave and a few days later was resurrected. Where did he go after that."
    ===============================================================================

1. Where did he go after that? Well, according to some versions of the Bible he was seen by various people in various places. So perhaps he was wandering around in a bit of a daze after his traumatic experiences, not sure where to go. The Beatles quickly thumbed through the Bible, found out where he came from and sang this number for him from the rooftop. Being an ardent follower of the Fab Four [just one up from the holy three] he took their advice and ascended to heaven, or so it is said.

2. Seriously though,

2.1 "We know Jesus was nailed to a cross" is not universally accepted. There were Christians who believed it was not Jesus who was hoisted onto the cross. Even now there are Christians who are fully convinced it was not a cross that Jesus was hoisted onto.

2.2 That he "died" is not explicitly confirmed by Jesus and can be argued against using the Bible itself.

2.3 that he "was buried in a cave" was predicted by Jesus according to Matthew 12:40 but he said he would not die but be miraculous alive throughout despite eye witnesses saying he died, just as Jonah was miraculously alive though many would have witnessed that he died.

2.4 that a "a few days later [he] was resurrected" is not recorded by the earliest discovered manuscript of Mark's Gospel which is believed to be the earliest of all the canonised Gospels and the one on which the other two synoptics are based.

2.5 "Where did he go after that"? Well if his death can be reasonably questioned and his resurrection has no mention in the primary Gospel then any answer to the question "Where did he go after that"? might be regarded as quite speculative. 

November 28, 2018 3:09 PM MST

"any answer to the question "Where did he go after that"? might be regarded as quite speculative."

What insight---no wonder you got asker's choice.

November 28, 2018 7:42 PM MST

glad that we're, once again, agreed on all the points in my answer. Approval of a follower of the mother of all Christian churches is no mean endorsement.

Pax?
      November 29, 2018 6:19 AM MST

Apostles' Creed

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

10. The forgiveness of sins:

1l. The resurrection of the body:

12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

November 29, 2018 7:24 PM MST