Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Did Frank Zappa make a bunch of dirty and nasty noises?

Did Frank Zappa make a bunch of dirty and nasty noises?

Posted - December 2, 2018

Responses

He did dwell in the nasty.  It was a reflection of the 60's.  We were rebelling against all things phony.  You saw another artist do the same thing in the 90's.  Nirvana.  

We got sick of the Donna Reed Show pretending everything was all right.  Hide all nasty under the light, and you get prophets to spill the light on all things phony.  And Frank Zappa was master.

One of the most brilliant musical minds we have had on earth.  No kidding.  He did not do drugs.  He was a genius who could compose reams of music and he never learned how to read music.  He just figured it out like it was second nature.

He was a drill master of perfection too.  All that vomiting and pooping and sex noises and descriptions that went beyond perversion, were done to the tune of something Beethoven would have been proud to have composed.

I saw him live.  Ruth Underwood, who DID do drugs, one of their two drummers, passed out in the middle of the concert and they just carried her out like it was part of the act.

I loved Frank.  He had something to say and he had a blast saying it.

A brilliant man.  You can see it in his intense, piercing eyes. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2018 10:00 PM MST
      December 2, 2018 7:42 AM MST

• Loved him.  He was an amazing musician, composer, incredibly intelligent.  Yes. He was arrested in the early 60's for recording sex noises. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 4, 2018 10:01 PM MST
      December 2, 2018 8:37 AM MST

no idea , wasnt there
      December 2, 2018 9:16 AM MST

He did make dirty and nasty noises but he also gave good advice like don"t eat the yellow snow and don't eat the pancakes at Saint Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast.  Cheers!
      December 2, 2018 9:26 AM MST

Most likely
      December 3, 2018 12:37 PM MST

Maybe. He did commit an unpardonable sin when it came to naming his daughter.
      December 4, 2018 5:44 AM MST

I'm trying not to laugh.... snicker, snicker....
    OH KAY!!  I can't hold it back.  That is hilariously sad and true!! 
      December 4, 2018 10:03 PM MST