Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Have you ever thought a band was defunct when, in fact, they've been a band all along?

Have you ever thought a band was defunct when, in fact, they've been a band all along?

After years and years of thinking Dakoda Motor Co. (a favorite band of mine!) was no longer a band, I just now found out that they're still together!! And they have been a band all along!
Yeah, I feel like an idiot but, at the moment, I'm a pretty happy idiot!

I love their sound! And lead vocalist Davia Vallesillo ROCKS!
:)

Here's the Dakoda Motor Co.song that made me an immediate fan -- "Trip To Pain"

And an ultra-cool music video, too.

I hope you can give a listen and watch.

EDIT: The video seems to be 'un-postable'!!!! Expletives are racing in my mind!!!

EDIT #2: Hey, in June 2017 I posted another answerMug question about this song -- here's a link to the answerMug question -- I've gone to it three times just now and the music video is playing every time I've clicked on it.
Anyway, I hope you can watch and listen.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/31122/will-you-take-a-trip-to-pain-with-me

EDIT #3: And this link seems not to be a direct 'click-on' link, I guess. Oh, well. EDIT #5: But now the link below clicks directly to the question for me

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/31122/will-you-take-a-trip-to-pain-with-me

EDIT #4:

answermug.com/forums/topic/31122/will-you-take-a-trip-to-pain-with-me

Posted - December 2, 2018

Responses

• "Yes" ... I was surprised to find out, after all these years, that the Sons of the Pioneers are still active.  (1933 - present)

December 2, 2018 12:23 PM MST

The image shown from the 0:23 to 0:47 mark -- looking at the image, the guy on the right really caught my eye!
    Ha!

Nice song here. I think I've heard some other singer doing a version of the song. I think I've only been familiar with Sons of the Pioneers by name.

Thanks for answering, ALF.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 2, 2018 12:52 PM MST
      December 2, 2018 12:40 PM MST

no
      December 2, 2018 1:44 PM MST

Dakoda Motor Co. is the only band that this has happened for me. And I just found out today.
      December 2, 2018 6:54 PM MST