Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is the Earth Flat?

Responses

Woe to the one who is blinded from the truth. Oh ye of little faith. lol
      December 6, 2018 7:55 PM MST

To depend upon faith for truth is to not really want to know what is true. Faith is no virtue, it is hope masquerading as knowledge.
    Oh ye of little education. 

Ignorance of scientific learning is not evidence of any God.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 7, 2018 10:53 AM MST
      December 7, 2018 3:04 AM MST

Everything i stated is correct. Research it yourself. We have been lied to all of our lives. Get used to it.
      December 7, 2018 10:54 AM MST

Everything you stated was parroted ad hoc from non peer-reviewed single sources, and none of what you explained approaches accuracy. 

Sorry sister, gravity is a known basic force of the universe, it can be (and has been) measured and quantified; and evolution, like it or not, at current has more material corroboration than does gravity.

To your initial Q: You could pull up a number of active feeds online from satellites and/or the ISS to actually watch the sphere of the earth rotate in space. I suggest you give that a go. 

As a Flat-Earther, (in the 21st century, no less!) REAL science is not a strong suit of yours, though we might excuse that you truly can’t tell the difference.

But there is no real science in the Bible, sugar. That, I can guarantee you. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 7, 2018 7:21 PM MST
      December 7, 2018 2:05 PM MST

Please watch this and tell me what you think after you thought what youve heard over.

December 7, 2018 7:21 PM MST

I wrote a thoughtful response to your post that was somehow lost, my frustration with the format of this site is boiling over here. 
    Here’s the thing, or one of the things you are so apparently confused on: science is the ever-growing accumulation of data in the study of the natural world. We move our understanding on the preponderance of the evidence. There will always be disagreement, and not all of it valid. 

We know, for instance, that the earth revolves around the sun. This is a known fact. Yet arguments to the contrary abounded for centuries after Copernicus made his findings public. We now know that the processes of evolution brought life on earth to it’s current state, DNA has proven it abundantly; yet detractors remain. Your video argues at one point that no one understands Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, this is simply not true. Plenty of academics have explained it. Yet those who don’t understand can make an argument that because they don’t, no one else should be able to either.

Basically, don’t make the mistake of discrediting or denying physical (natural) sciences you don’t or won’t understand (like biology, geology, climatology, paleontology, et al) based on pending arguments in suppositional studies like THEORETICAL PHYSICS, whose data lies entirely in the realm of formula, ideology and hypothesis, not proven method nor physical evidence. Neither of us are physicists, I’m happy to let that group sort this particular conundrum out, this is still an emerging science. 

When great minds debate and compare notes, this is how advances occur. This is how we learn. It doesn’t discredit the process, or the idea, nor does it invalidate any or all of the ancillary and unrelated sciences you so clumsily lumped together in your posts. Nor does any presentation of “real” science (as you say) give further credence to the veracity of Bible claims. Many, in fact, disprove scripture to the point of silliness. (You’d be well-served in the future to keep the two separated)

As I noted earlier, it is unfortunate you never gained an appreciable education in science, or what I’ve just articulated to you would have been pretty obvious. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 8, 2018 7:28 AM MST
      December 8, 2018 6:04 AM MST

Wait...have you been reading L. Ron Hubbard's crap again. If there is no gravity, why can we measure the Universal Gravitational Constant?
      December 5, 2018 6:27 AM MST

We cant. We havent even found the theoretical gravitron.
      December 5, 2018 10:11 PM MST

Carbie, have you been drinking?
    Gravitational WAVES have indeed been detected and quantified. "Gravitron" is nonsense, you're assuming it's particle physics. You really can't discuss the subject properly in words, do you have the math?
    NASA has made no such admission, and Stanley Kubrick stated categorically that the moon landings coukd not have been faked because movie effects just couldn't do it back then. It was easier to go to the moon for real than fake it.
      December 6, 2018 4:28 AM MST

December 6, 2018 11:05 AM MST

I could produce a BS vid and claim to be NASA too. Except that the accent would give me away, so I'd have to pretend to be a representative of Australian Research and Space Exploration (ARSE).
    The clincher is the Soviet Union. Had the USA failed to reach the Moon, the USSR would have trumpeted it from the rooftops as another example of the failure of the "imperialist capitalists". They didn't. The Soviets actually had a probe in orbit around the Moon at the time,  monitoring events below as they hoped and half expected the attempt to fail. They crashed it after the Eagle successfully redocked with the command module - they had nothing left to prove, even if Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins had died on re-entry - they got there and left again.
      December 6, 2018 9:36 PM MST

Read this please. They can explain it better than I could. 
     https://aplanetruth.info/tag/dome/

December 6, 2018 11:56 PM MST

SlartiB, I don’t know about you, but I am astonished (and disappointed) that there are still people grown to adulthood who are so entirely vacuous as this.
    Wow. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 6, 2018 10:38 PM MST
      December 6, 2018 3:30 PM MST

Are you talkiing behind my back? Shame shame. lol
      December 6, 2018 7:53 PM MST

December 7, 2018 12:23 AM MST

Seriously? Why even ask this?
      December 5, 2018 4:31 AM MST

She's a woman. Women can do whatever they want.
      December 5, 2018 6:28 AM MST

You got that right brother. lol ;D
      December 5, 2018 10:11 PM MST

How about this sweet idea?

Is it possible??

December 5, 2018 11:21 PM MST

Yummy good and still not enough tequila.  ;D
      December 6, 2018 11:06 AM MST

A little sweet always mixes well with a little salt.  I'm hoping you brought the salt to accompany the tequila. :):)
      December 6, 2018 1:02 PM MST

Yup. Now I need the sweet, so you will have to come. lol ;)
      December 6, 2018 7:55 PM MST

I love you more! :):)
      December 6, 2018 10:44 PM MST

December 6, 2018 11:26 PM MST

Always!  You can count on it!  Hugs and loves :) :)

December 6, 2018 11:59 PM MST