Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is the Earth Flat?

Responses

In places, ...like Illinois. :-]

The earth is an oblate spheroid: fatter around the equator than around the poles. 
    The so-called ”proofs” in your link are patently ridiculous. 
      December 3, 2018 4:14 PM MST

not that i know of
      December 3, 2018 4:17 PM MST

• You cannot travel in a straight line and make it back to where you started on a flat surface.
      December 3, 2018 4:23 PM MST

You can on a Mobias strip and that's round  and flat......:)D 
      December 3, 2018 4:31 PM MST

Einstein said you could see the back of your head if you had a telescope powerful enough to do so.
      December 3, 2018 5:14 PM MST

• Would that be on another planet?... a parallel universe?
      December 4, 2018 10:56 AM MST

You know wakko, that that thought crossed my mind too, about parallel universes and all.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one.  I just didn't have the guts to put it out here. 
    :) :)
      December 6, 2018 1:14 PM MST

• I'm a firm believer in them.  We bump into ourselves sometimes.
      December 6, 2018 3:09 PM MST

Yes....In a roundabout sort of way....:)D

its also made of Carbon Products...:)D 
      December 3, 2018 4:33 PM MST

Kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss....Lol.  Abbreviated to.....Xxxxx    Hehe 
      December 3, 2018 4:54 PM MST

I can't really say as I've never heard it sing.
      December 3, 2018 4:49 PM MST

• (lol)  That took me longer than it should have.  :))
      December 3, 2018 9:15 PM MST

(That's what he said.)
      December 4, 2018 11:22 AM MST

If the earth were flat, cats would have knocked everything off of it. Also...where would you go if you fell off the edge?
      December 3, 2018 5:17 PM MST

You cant fall off Antarctica. The South Pole is actually a ring around the circle of a stationary Earth. Why do you think its forbidden to travel or venture there?  Why is the sea level? Wouldn't it have to have some sort of curve to accommodate a sphere?  If we are rotating at around 1,000 miles an hour, and orbit the sun at 6,000 miles an hour, not to mention rotate along the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy (our entire solor system) at 150,000 miles an hour, why do the stars stay stationary and the constellations remain in place for as long as humans have been studying the sky? And why cant I keep a matching pair of socks unless I go totally one color. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
      December 5, 2018 4:19 AM MST

You need a private tutor for astronomy.  To match socks correctly, you must close one eye, because each eye might be seeing a different colour.
      December 5, 2018 6:20 AM MST

• "Not for very far."
      December 3, 2018 9:17 PM MST

I'm not EVEN going to dignify that with a response, but I think I just did.
      December 3, 2018 9:23 PM MST

Sure it is.  Just keep drinking that Kool-aide and it will stay flat.

December 3, 2018 11:14 PM MST

Hello, gravity. Wouldn't work if the Earth was flat.
      December 4, 2018 5:24 AM MST

IF Gravity exists.  They have never proved gravity is even a real thing. Buoyancy however, would easily explain why things fall to the ground, or in the case of a hot hair balloon, rise to the sky. Things that are heavier than air fall, lighter than air float. Show me one link where science has proven the existence of gravity, or a gravitron. You cant because it doesn't exist, they had to make some mysterious force to explain something as simple as the law of buoyancy.  Ships dont disappear in the horizon because of a curve in the earth, your eyes perception simply doesnt extend forever.  If you witness a ship disappearing over the horizon, just pick up a telescope or zoom camera and you can pick that same ship up to view again. Why does this happen when the calculated distance to a ship curving out of view doesnt work, because earths curvature isnt there, why do you think they call it sea level. All water is level. This could not be true on a curved surface no matter how big the surface it will eventually remove the ship from view, and it does, without the assistance of a telescope or zoom lense to assist our limited ability to perceive past a certain distance.
      December 5, 2018 4:34 AM MST

This is all very silly, and long since debunked. Men and their satellites have been traveling around the sphere of the earth for a long time. There are pics of the earth from every angle, in numerous spectrums, taken every day. 
    Gravity not proven, huh? Therein lies a core mistake in your treatise. I sincerely hope you are joking. 
      December 5, 2018 4:43 AM MST

Nasa has publicly admitted to never being capable of leaving low earth orbit. They say its because of the radiation belt that lies on the onset of outer space.  We have never left low earth orbit,  satellites, rockets, space probes, all a big fat lie to compliment the also unproven theory of evolution.  Both the theory of a spherical earth and the theory of evolution that are nothing more than scientism, not real science, have an addenda behind the deception. If you believe everything evolved out of nothing, as in the Big Bang theory, your just as likely to believe the world and the universe is billions of years old, contrary to what real science has actually proven. Both of these accepted mere theories, achieve one thing and one thing alone. To keep GOD and our true creator out of the picture entirely.  Even reputable scientists are now being forced by evidence to agree to an intelligent design. Probability that everything came from nothing, and we are basically all related to monkeys, is just too astronomically impossible. The perfect balance and extremely complex events that are responsible for life as we know it, is just unlikely to come into exsistance by a long drawn out evolutionary process originating from something even more unlikely. A Big Bang (disorder turning into order) when the simple laws of entropy disallows order from disorder. Times are changing, and people are demanding to know the truth. Its been way too long a deception to go on forever. People are waking up, and are starting to refuse what they want us to believe, and what is really going on.  Secret societies have been deceiving man kind since the beginning of time, all to fit there own addenda to achieve and maintain total control over the human race. Im not joking, but you would be joking yourself, if you didnt take the time to question some of the things we are forced to believe from grade one.  The bible has , and continues to be proven to be the truth. You should read it,, just out of curiosity if nothing else, and see how profoundly accurate it is as a valuable sourse of the truth of our history and purpose.   
      December 5, 2018 10:08 PM MST

What nonsense. To think someone in this century still stands behind this backward, antiquated thinking. 
    Nothing of what you say here hasn’t been long debunked by actual evidence. It’s really too bad you never troubled yourself to get an appreciable education In science. Scientism? Is that Creationist jargon for science that contradicts the Bible? 
    All you‘ve managed to show us, CP, is that you don’t even remotely understand it, would rather deny and dissemble than learn, and cling instead to twisted conspiracy theories and confirmation bias propping up your brand of faith. 

As a point of fact, I have studied the Bible at length, and I took the time to question it. About 30 years. The Bible is neither a viable science text, nor a valid historical document. To ascribe it as such is to egregiously misrepresent all three.
    The Bible is a crafted work of moral literature and conjecture from the minds of little-traveled ancient men who believed disease could be spread by demons and stars were lights mounted on the “dome” of the sky. 

That you assert their imaginative claims over the literal mountains of corroborated facts gathered in the 1700 years since The Babble was cobbled together, speaks to your comprehensive misunderstanding on these matters.
    Sad and amusing at the same time. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 6, 2018 7:54 PM MST
      December 6, 2018 3:13 PM MST