Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Can we now chock another one up for Einstein who predicted the presence of dark matter which is now proven?

Can we now chock another one up for Einstein who predicted the presence of dark matter which is now proven?

Posted - December 5, 2018

Responses

It is a testament of Einstein’s brilliance that we are still reaffirming his work with new findings even now, a century later. 
      December 5, 2018 5:14 AM MST

Was Einstein an atheist?

Albert Einstein was not an atheist; he did not deny or disbelieve the existence of a supreme universal power. He was a modern Western non-dualistic mystic whose religious views paralleled the most elevated non-dualistic ancient Vedic and Buddhist philosophies.

That's all I'm saying.  NO ONE CAN PROVE GOD DOES NOT EXIST.  Not you, nor the greatest minds in history.

If you would have come at the argument like that, I would have graciously agreed and let you have your ideas.

But telling me basically that I am full of it, well, I think Einstein would give me a listen.  And consider.  
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 5, 2018 12:08 PM MST
      December 5, 2018 7:36 AM MST

Nor can you prove, or has anyone else proven He/It does. Period. 
    I can’t prove elves and firebreathing dragons don’t exist either, but there is clearly no need to, and for the same reasons.

It remains the responsibility of the positive claimant to bear proof of a thing, in the absence of any such proof, there is nothing to disprove. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I’d be willing to examine any ordinary evidence. 

Fact is, I will maintain my ideals with or without your blessing, until such a time as tangible proof is presented to the contrary. You can pretend that yours is the only valid position resulting from extensive research, but that, like belief itself, is a wishful claim. While I seriously question your interpretations of factual sources, as well as your too-convenient claims of having been an atheist in the past, I’ll leave you to your selfish misconception. It is too short on intellectual merit to continue with. 

To your post: Einstein was clear in his views that he did not believe in the God of the Bible (a personal god); nature and it’s processes were his “god”, as he repeatedly described in metaphors over many years. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 5, 2018 12:09 PM MST
      December 5, 2018 9:56 AM MST

• Off the top, I think you mean agnosticism. That's all.
      December 5, 2018 12:51 PM MST

Lots more to discover. God has all kinds of stuff going on out there AND in here. 
      December 5, 2018 6:56 AM MST

Proven by whom? Do you have a reference? Was it proved with equations or actual samples that can be measured?
      December 5, 2018 7:09 AM MST

Einstein is long gone.  If it pleases you to focus on his achievements and theories then why not? 
      December 5, 2018 7:32 AM MST

probably
      December 5, 2018 9:46 AM MST

• I've been producing dark matter since I came through valley. :P
      December 5, 2018 4:55 PM MST