Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Have you ever had to adapt to a totally different climate when moving to a new locale? Arizona makes 50 degrees seem like below zero.

Have you ever had to adapt to a totally different climate when moving to a new locale? Arizona makes 50 degrees seem like below zero.

I came from Chicago.  I didn't even bother to wear a coat most times when it was 50 degrees.

Now it feels like sub-zero temps after enduring summer after very long summer of triple digits.

For shame.  

Posted - December 18, 2018

Responses

Flew home to 36 degree NYC today from 70 degree Palm Beach, FL. Does that count?
      December 18, 2018 9:13 PM MST

Yep. Have moved from sub-tropical to far northern temperate zones - lived there long enough to adapt - and then moved back to subtropical again.

The first year of the change is an awful shock to the body, not just the differences in heat and weather and the entirely different clothes one needs, but the changes in the seasonal lengths of daylight. The Northern winters are long and bleak, and the short days depressing.
      December 19, 2018 3:41 AM MST