Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Are there any movies you love that are basically universally hated?

Are there any movies you love that are basically universally hated?

For example, I love the movie Zardoz with Sean Connery. I think it's genuinely a masterpiece, and no one would agree with me.

Posted - December 23, 2018

Responses

• I love the Clerks 2 movie. Not suré if It’s hated,  but I don’t know of many people that like it. 
      December 23, 2018 11:58 PM MST

It's hard to tell how people feel about that one. I actually like it more than the first one, which I think is just okay.
      December 24, 2018 12:00 AM MST

• First one is pretty meh... I don’t much care for movies in black and white. The second one cracked me up with the Christian kid nd husband talk about Lotr and the mouth troll and p*ssy troll. I was probably high when I watched it though. I’m much more sober now :)
      December 24, 2018 12:06 AM MST

Pillow Pants. Without it, the first one is automatically at a disadvantage.
      December 24, 2018 12:09 AM MST

• You can’t just jump to pillow pants before going through listerfiened... listerfien? lol something like that :)
      December 24, 2018 12:14 AM MST

• "I liked Avatar" ... but every time I hear the movie talked about someone is saying how bad or dumb it was.
    Now I'm seeing that there is going to be an Avatar 2, so somebody must have liked it ... I just haven't found them yet.  :)

December 24, 2018 1:14 AM MST

My husband and I both liked Avatar.
      December 24, 2018 4:41 PM MST

• Thanks.  I was feeling pretty alone there for a while! :))
      December 24, 2018 5:40 PM MST

not that i know of
      December 24, 2018 10:37 AM MST

I watched "Lord Of The Rings" in a theater in 2002. It was so dark I could hardly follow the story. I found out later that happens when the projectionist is too lazy to take off the digital lens for a film that is not "digital rights" something or other. So I have not been to a theater since.

Before that, I saw "Ever After", which was barely ok but awfully dumb with all the femlib bullsnot worked in.

And the last movie before that was "Dune", the only movie that ever came with printed instructions.
      December 24, 2018 4:23 PM MST

• twilight 
      December 24, 2018 4:28 PM MST

• I don't know if everyone hated it, but I do know that I am the only one I know of that loved Urban Cowboy and have seen it 5 or 6 times.  I'd watch it again, too.

December 24, 2018 6:02 PM MST