Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I fail to see the much-earned OUTRAGE the troops should be displaying over TRUMP's pulling them out of Syria. Why is that?

I fail to see the much-earned OUTRAGE the troops should be displaying over TRUMP's pulling them out of Syria. Why is that?

Why are the soldiers giving a warm welcome to the President?  Why are they not yelling at him to resign?  Why are they ignoring that he just went over the heads of those in charge, sworn to protect America?

Why do these soldiers not know the peril America is in?

Posted - December 27, 2018

Responses

Syria is no vacation for American soldiers. Therefore, they are happy to leave.  The President is in charge, so he "couldn't go over the heads"  of those in charge. 
      December 27, 2018 7:39 AM MST

Then WHY did they JOIN up?

Did they expect a vacation?  
      December 27, 2018 10:23 AM MST

To see the world? A soldier follows the directions of THE CHIEF. Maybe Trump is allowing Putin to deal with the Syrian situation. 
      December 27, 2018 7:03 PM MST

• I suggest you and the rest of the couch-commanders exchange places with them.
      December 27, 2018 9:51 AM MST

Why doesn't the Commander IN CHIEF trade places?  The one who knows all about the military and the generals combined?   I never wanted to join any army.  I did not sign up just to quit when the going got tough.

Speaking of people that know zero and keep talking?  LOOK IN THE MIRROR.  Where did YOU serve?  
      December 27, 2018 10:25 AM MST

• I couldn't serve because of 2 hernia repairs in the same location before I was old enough to serve, always trying to be a badoss picking up crap showing off. 

If you never wanted to join any army, then you have NO say in how ours is utilized.  You're the exact same as a draft-dodger.
      December 27, 2018 10:58 AM MST

What you're asking for is called "insubordination", and is a criminal charge under military code.
      December 27, 2018 10:22 AM MST

There is a difference between not agreeing with a jerk and kissing up to a jerk.  What is he going to do when the troops sit down and ignore him?  JAIL THEM ALL?  

They don't have to put up with his b.s.  No one else respects this moron, why should they.  Remember how he disrespected John McCain?  He doesn't deserve ANY respect from anyone who is fighting in any war. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 27, 2018 10:27 AM MST
      December 27, 2018 10:26 AM MST

Good luck getting troops to ignore a President.
    They have never done so ... even when ordered to fire on American citizens and military veterans.
      December 27, 2018 11:41 AM MST

i havent heard about what happened yet
      December 27, 2018 10:58 AM MST

You’d have to understand military culture. 

Like it or not, Trump is the Commander-in-Chief. To show public disrespect to the C-in-C, or to make political statements while in uniform/on duty are serious offenses under the UCMJ. This is gross insubordination. Conduct unbecoming. 

Whatever one’s opinion of the man, it’s not worth losing stripes and pay over. Not worth the potential blowback to (and from!) one’s fellows, their unit, or their commanders.

That said, I‘d wager any soldier(s) holding such strong opposition to the President would have been allowed (or advised) to not attend his little surprise soirée. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 27, 2018 7:05 PM MST
      December 27, 2018 5:48 PM MST