Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » EXCLUDING insomnia, what was the most recent situation wherein you wanted to go to sleep but couldn't, and what did you do instead?

EXCLUDING insomnia, what was the most recent situation wherein you wanted to go to sleep but couldn't, and what did you do instead?

Posted - December 29, 2018

Responses

Just the other night desperately wanted to drop off.  We had two semi-sick kids so we both stayed up making sure they were both comfortable.  this is also know n as making sure they did not throw up in their bed etc.  So to stay up we took turns reading Dr. Suess. This post was edited by Archerchef at December 29, 2018 11:12 AM MST
      December 29, 2018 6:11 AM MST

I read my books to get ready for the upcoming semester. 
      December 29, 2018 7:27 AM MST

I have that problem almost every night.  I want to sleep, but between having one cat lying on top of me purring and another going from room to room checking out the acoustics at the top of his lungs, sleep is nearly impossible.

My solution?  Push one cat to the side of the bed and shout, "if you don't shut-up right now, I'm hiding all the fish!".  

It works, as I can usually get to sleep before cat 1 once again curls up on top of me and cat 2 loudly flops down where he can keep an eye on all the cans of cat food... just in case I'm not bluffing this time.  
      December 29, 2018 10:00 AM MST

I took a pain killer that usually knocks me out but didn't...so I came here.
      December 29, 2018 11:13 AM MST

Staying in the hospital overnight with my mother when she was very ill.  She is fine now and I am sleeping like a baby whenever I want to.  :)
      December 29, 2018 12:22 PM MST

neighbors not letting nne sleep and being rude and nnaking noise
      December 29, 2018 3:36 PM MST