Discussion » Questions » Travel » What is the farthest distance you've ever carried* a bicycle?

What is the farthest distance you've ever carried* a bicycle?

*Carried using your own body, your own power, not using any device, machine, apparatus, vehicle, etc.

~

Posted - December 30, 2018

Responses

Gee, I've never been asked that question before. I once broke the rear axle on my Schwinn 10-speed and sort of 'carried' it for several miles. 
      December 30, 2018 7:53 AM MST

From my car to the repair shop.
      December 30, 2018 8:44 AM MST

Hey, wait . . . 

December 30, 2018 8:46 AM MST

Wait?  for what?
      December 30, 2018 11:52 AM MST

• And again, I damn near ain't never!  Many got left behind and retrieved in the bed of dad's truck, though.  That was back when you knew it would still be there when you got back to it.
      December 30, 2018 10:53 AM MST

When I had a paper route, I was rather hard on bicycles (I went through at least 8 of them).  I ended up carrying my bicycle more times than not (when you bend a wheel, you cant even drag it).   Since I lived out in the country and my route was on the outskirts of town (just include the city limits), when the bike broke down I not only had to carry the bike from where it broke down (plus all the newspapers) and finish my route, but I had to carry it back home as well (grrr!!).  I learned quickly that if I cut through the old mine, and used the rocky, narrow irrigation ditch trail, I could shorten my walk home by nearly a mile (as compared to staying on the roads).  It's no wonder I was a buff kid.
      December 30, 2018 1:45 PM MST

ive never carried a bike
      December 30, 2018 2:26 PM MST