Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » do bad teeth is something that you dont enjoy if you see it ?

do bad teeth is something that you dont enjoy if you see it ?

im not judgmental or anything like that, but if someone has bad teeth like teeth with food residues on it and yellow and not well washed , its something that turn me off if someone has yellow residual on their teeth,

Posted - January 1, 2019

Responses

I see really bad grammar and spelling that turns me off almost as much as scummy teeth.

January 1, 2019 3:20 PM MST

Depends.

If the teeth are stained from cigarettes, tea or coffee, or have a clear accretion of plaque,
    or if I smell bad breath when kissing hello or goodbye
    then yes, it's a major turn off.

I find holes and fillings unattractive because it means a lifelong diet high in sugars and junk foods.

But if someone has lost their teeth or has crooked teeth or a poor natural bite -
    that doesn't bother me because I know it's only a matter of poverty, not poor hygiene.

This post was edited by inky at January 1, 2019 8:44 PM MST
      January 1, 2019 3:39 PM MST

Bad teeth turn me off.  After having worked with a man for 15 years who never brushed his teeth (he was mentally challenged), I try not to look at people's teeth anymore.
      January 1, 2019 4:30 PM MST

Yes and no. I'm a former dental assistant and still work in the industry. There are lots of barriers to treatment. Here in the US, cost is a big one. Dental phobias are another big one. Plus, there are lots of reasons why a person may have bad teeth. It's not always that the person did anything wrong. They may have a genetic predisposition to decay or have a medical condition that has contributed to it. Diabetes is a big one. People undergoing cancer treatment will usually have bad teeth too. And, then there are mental health issues as well; people who purge lose their enamel, as do drug users. Those who are disabled usually have issues too. I knew a woman in her 20s who had perpetually yellow teeth. She got her teeth cleaned regularly and had great oral health. Just genetics. 

Generally speaking, when I see bad teeth, I feel bad for the person. They know their teeth are bad and that already impacts them. Plus, once they hit a certain point, they hurt too. That's no way to live. 

When it comes to a potential partner, I do expect him to care for his smile. I'm not going to kiss someone with enormous amounts of decay or periodontal disease. But, that's about where my concerns stop. Aesthetics aren't important to me.  
      January 1, 2019 5:17 PM MST

• I hear that runs rampant in Great Britain. :P

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 1, 2019 5:36 PM MST
      January 1, 2019 5:23 PM MST

• bad teeth are actually my number one turn off 

how can you expect someone to do anything properly if they can’t even brush their teeth 

January 1, 2019 8:56 PM MST