Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How do Evangelicals square with this lie of Trump's? He said "I have done more for religion than anyone else in history. Jesus too?

How do Evangelicals square with this lie of Trump's? He said "I have done more for religion than anyone else in history. Jesus too?

Sorry, it won't let me correct the fact that I left out a quote in the question.... oh well.  

This moron has never done ONE thing for any religion.  I'm sure he has gone to church less than most atheists.   

Why would he even say such a stupid thing?  Oh yeah, because he is a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

He knows more about technology than anyone too.

I doubt if he even knows 10 of the 50 states in the USA, but he is a super brain.

That's why he loves the uneducated.  Because he is the most uneducated moron in history.

Posted - January 2, 2019

Responses

Not the precise quote, but yeah, he said essentially that, back in Nov. Wow. Is there no one this cat cares to not alienate? 

Additionally (as I predicted), his rhetoric has become increasingly ridiculous. LAST NIGHT: “I think I would have been a good General.” A man with 5 military deferments. An undisciplined man who abhors authority. How is the military NOT in full revolt?

The bigger question emerges, why does ANYONE continue to support the fool? 
    Anyone? This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 3, 2019 4:18 PM MST
      January 3, 2019 4:55 AM MST

I can't fathom how anyone can listen to him and not come to the conclusion that there's something mentally not right.  Maybe that's why so many in his administration have left or are leaving.  
      January 3, 2019 5:21 AM MST

Food for thought, Spunky:

On top of the fact the Trump has still not filled MANY govt posts (2 years in), how many of the 800,000 or so Federal employees now NOT being paid, will desert those jobs out of financial necessity? Thus leaving the govt critically undermanned at numerous levels.
    (Not to belabor the fact of being pathetically undermanned at the top position, too)
    The destruction/collapse of the democracy via incompetence is underway. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 3, 2019 4:17 PM MST
      January 3, 2019 6:22 AM MST

I agree completely.  I don't know if it's because he can't find suitable morons to fill those positions or if people don't want to work in this administration.  Let's face it, a job working for Trump on your resume could easily be a career killer.  I'm sure that there will be numerous defections when the paychecks stop coming in.  I wonder if these workers are entitled to unemployment benefits.  I would think that some of the union workers may have some kind of protection through the union.  Nonetheless, none for this is good for the country. 
      January 3, 2019 11:13 AM MST

I would add the likelihood of Trump being so lazy or indifferent as to not even try filling positions. 
      January 3, 2019 4:22 PM MST

That, too.  I'm not in favor of big government, but there are certain positions that are really important.  Too bad he doesn't think so.
      January 3, 2019 7:04 PM MST

Well, I'm sure Trump has driven many to prayer as a last resort.
      January 3, 2019 11:38 AM MST

The hardest task of all is that I must not hate him.  That is really hard.
      January 3, 2019 12:03 PM MST

Perhaps we might apply what I’ve heard some Catholics say about homosexuals:
    Hate the sin, not the sinner...

But yes, I get your point, Sharonna. Does disgust qualify as hate? 
      January 3, 2019 4:14 PM MST

Hopefully it may drive them to the voting booths as well. 
      January 3, 2019 4:16 PM MST

Maybe Trump will go full Gandhi - shave his head then reduce his conventional clothing to a mere waist-covering dhoti.  Cheers!
      January 3, 2019 5:03 PM MST

From time to time, even a president likes to bullshoot.  Lyndon Johnson was another. 
      January 3, 2019 9:52 PM MST

I would think he was speaking in the context of the First Amendment.
      January 3, 2019 10:32 PM MST