Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

* If you live in another country, where would you like to move within its borders?*

Posted - January 3, 2019

Responses

I already live such a reality. However, the rising seas may end it prematurely. 
      January 3, 2019 9:41 AM MST

I thought of you when typing this question, Don. I remember you saying that you love where you live. :)

Don't worry about the impact global warming has on the oceans; it's just a Chinese hoax to harm American industry. 
      January 3, 2019 2:56 PM MST

Aw, thanx. I do indeed love it here.

That said: An awful lot of hoax keeps washing over the breakwaters and my retaining wall. 
      January 3, 2019 3:47 PM MST

Fake news! 

I saw a program where a journalist was speaking with Trump supporters somewhere on the east coast (Virginia, I think), whose community is basically disappearing. They refuse to admit that it's due to global warming and rising sea levels and blame all of it on erosion. It was both funny and sad. 
      January 5, 2019 9:17 AM MST

I guess those morons don't realize that beach erosion is caused by rising water.  DUH!
      January 5, 2019 10:05 AM MST

• I am content to live outside the city in a small old fashioned town with mountains surrounding me.  It is a peaceful way of life and better than the rat race of city living!
      January 3, 2019 9:46 AM MST

It sounds charming. Happy that you love where you live!
      January 3, 2019 2:57 PM MST

How true......freedom to live at peace with yourself ....:)
      January 3, 2019 4:35 PM MST

Malibu, Venice, Marina del rey or Santa Monica, right on the beach, close to a bike trail.  Unless of course there is something better.,  The weather is especially nice along that strip of the coast. 
      January 3, 2019 10:09 AM MST

I've never been, but it certainly looks to be beautiful there. I think it's too populated for my taste, but I'd like to visit someday. :)
      January 3, 2019 2:59 PM MST

Hawaii, probably.  But not near a volcano.   A nice smaller island, or a nice job on the big island.  

Massage stuff.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 5, 2019 8:26 AM MST
      January 3, 2019 10:32 AM MST

I've heard from people who've visited that Kauai is a real paradise, but it has an active volcano. 

It's a bucket list vacation destination for me. I'm sure they employ a lot of masseuses in Hawaii. Go for it! 
      January 3, 2019 3:05 PM MST

I am content to live here in Toledo. If I were required to move, it would be to any smaller town or city near a body of water that doesn't have natural disasters.
      January 3, 2019 10:42 AM MST

So good that you're content where you are. I like where I live, too, but have always had (and probably always will) a pretty significant case of wanderlust that vacation travel just doesn't quite satisfy. 

I think coastal Washington or Oregon sounds divine, with both mountains and beaches. Not sure about all that rain, though. 
      January 3, 2019 3:10 PM MST

I lived in the Seattle area while in the Navy. Lots of rain and forget beaches.
      January 3, 2019 3:19 PM MST

Don't crush my pipe dreams!  My ideal place is something like this; Cannon Beach, OR. Looks like heaven, to me. 
      January 3, 2019 3:33 PM MST

Years ago, I drove down from Vancouver through Washington State, Oregon and Northern California to San Francisco.  I remember the pine forests in Oregon and the eagles flying around their aeries and it looked like something you would see on a calendar.  It was magnificent.  
      January 5, 2019 10:08 AM MST

I'll bet it was! I'm definitely hoping to at least visit one day. 
      January 5, 2019 7:29 PM MST

If I were to move to another country, I would seriously consider Quito, Ecuador.  The weather is neither too hot nor too cold, it costs much less than living in the U.S. and the people are very friendly.  The only obstacle would be the language, but learning Spanish would not be too difficult for me since I do know some already.
      January 3, 2019 11:18 AM MST

I've seen House Hunters International episodes that take place there. It does look beautiful, but as with the Pacific Northwest, I'm not sure I could handle that much rain. I think I'd miss the seasons, too. 

I like the sound of Arica, Chile for an international destination. It's quite dry, but the high temps stay in a pretty comfortable range of 65-79F all year long. Again, I would miss having 4 seasons. 

Happy New Year!
      January 3, 2019 3:22 PM MST

I was there for 2 weeks and it didn't rain at all.  Temp range is 65-75 with cool breezes.  We don't seem to have four seasons here in NYC anymore.  The other day, it was 60, today it was 47, we don't have much of a Spring and I honestly don't like the summer at all with the heat and humidity.
      January 3, 2019 7:06 PM MST

I hear you, with the lack of 4 distinct seasons. I feel like we've had very little spring and autumn and a whole lot of too hot and too cold. 

Glad you had good weather for your trip! Nothing puts a damper on a vacation like bad weather. I traveled over the holidays and got very lucky with the weather for all but 1 day. Nicest weather the area has had for about a month, I was so thankful! 
      January 5, 2019 9:25 AM MST

I've had remarkably good weather on my vacations.
      January 5, 2019 9:25 PM MST

Karma in action. :)
      January 6, 2019 8:50 PM MST