Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

If you could move to any city and/or state in the US, where would you choose to live? (If finances and employment weren't factors.)

* If you live in another country, where would you like to move within its borders?*

Posted - January 3, 2019

Responses

Why answer a silly question?

I don't think any city in CA is even in my top 10. To each their own.
      January 5, 2019 8:19 AM MST

Ok, so you are one of the seven who live in one of the other 49 states. 
      January 5, 2019 10:42 AM MST

Anyplace north after New York and as far as Maine.
      January 5, 2019 9:20 AM MST

I've been in love with the idea of Maine since I was young. I think it came from watching 'Murder, She Wrote'. 

A visit there is definitely on my bucket list. 
      January 5, 2019 10:14 AM MST

Maine is great in the Summer, but winters are brutal.
      January 5, 2019 11:59 AM MST

Yeah, doesn't look too pleasant. 

I briefly considered Maine as a destination for my Christmas vacation. VERY briefly. 
      January 5, 2019 7:25 PM MST

Nonononono.Summer...yes
      January 5, 2019 7:31 PM MST

January 5, 2019 10:47 AM MST

• I could have sworn I answered this already, but I am not seeing my reply.  If I could live anywhere, it would be Deadwood, South  Dakota, or anywhere in that area within in the Black Hills.   I have a lot of family there, a lot of family history, and it's just one of the most beautiful places I have been to.  

January 5, 2019 10:20 AM MST

I have a friend who frequently visits and photographs Badlands NP and I'm amazed by its beauty. I don't think a lot of people realize how many states have such varied landscapes. So many states are generalized as being farmland or desert or whatever, when most have much more to offer.  

Hope you get to live out your dream and thanks for your reply!
      January 5, 2019 7:21 PM MST

• The Badlands are amazing.   It's like stepping onto another planet - that's the only way I can describe it.     I just love it.
      January 5, 2019 8:22 PM MST

Hawaii or southern California. Peeps from both places have told me that Adelaide reminds them of home.
      January 6, 2019 1:54 AM MST

No where else in Australia you'd like to move? 

I googled, and it certainly looks like a beautiful place to live!
      January 6, 2019 8:58 PM MST

Of course, but the question referred to the US.

I plan to retire to sone place semi-rural - close enough to a town when I need it, far enough away to forget it most of the time. Swan Hill appeals.
      January 7, 2019 5:09 AM MST

No one seems to have seen this. :)

* If you live in another country, where would you like to move within its borders?*

I'm with you 100% on the semi-rural thing. 

January 7, 2019 10:15 AM MST

Since I have residences in both Austria and the US, here is a simple answer

1.  In the US the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul.  Food Scene is incredible, outdoor activities out my front door, culture, educated populace and long term family roots.  Location my house in Edina just west of Lake Harriet

2.  In Austria, Wien in my house in the 19th District/Bezirk.  Again Food Scene, Culture, outdoor activities.  Plus for here is the Twins Grandparents & their moms family is close.  For me familiarity and friends

Places I would avoid in the US, the Tri-State area around NYC.  Nice place to visit, very exhausting to live there, not a place to raise little rippers This post was edited by Archerchef at January 8, 2019 3:10 PM MST
      January 8, 2019 3:08 PM MST