Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I vent by asking questions. How do YOU vent? How's that workin' for ya?

I vent by asking questions. How do YOU vent? How's that workin' for ya?

Posted - January 4, 2019

Responses

I try not to let things get me down Rosie.....as a single individual there is little one can do to get heard or fight for justice ...
    If you go against the system on your own,you will eventually be squashed like a bug and even more so if you happen to tread on some bigwigs toes ...
    Your health is more important and it takes an awful lot of effort to change the status quo ......

Your own anger with injustice will eventually lead to health problems one day maybe......To laugh and have fun releases good endorphins and you will end up feeling better as I'm sure every one around you would be more at ease to....

When I go on a rant....my parents clam me down and who I live with to does the same.....I'm sure being angry makes me feel ill and depressed so I try my best not to let things get to me.... :)
      January 4, 2019 3:58 AM MST

I disagree with thee D emphatically. To NOT vent my anger would lead to health issues. It is how I release it by talking about it. Holding it in would be DEADLY for me personally. We are not all wired alike. I vent and release and move on. I do not harbor or hold inside anything. It all comes out all the time and as a result I am extremely healthy and quite content with my situation. What works for me may not work for thee. Why should it? Why would it? We are separated by many decades. I being so much older have experienced so much more than you. My environment and tracks are very different than yours. How I respond to things works for me and since they wouldn't work for you that is why you caution me. Trust me. I know what is best for me. Thank you for your reply and your concern and Happy Friday to thee D! :)
      January 4, 2019 4:24 AM MST

But even if you do know what is "best" for you - do you then imagine it must be best for others as well?  Do other people or does this site exist just as a means for you to vent your anger?   Is that not more than a little self-centered?   Do you think other people want to read about your anger or venting of it?  What about civility?  What about respecting others?  Many of us were taught that the world only operates successfully through civility and mutual respect.   Why be "angry" at all?  Why not focus on what is good and best in life for you instead?   Then you would not have to "vent".  I look at it as the more we allow ourselves to "vent our anger" then the more we become used to and accustomed to doing so - then the more we need to do it.  So venting becomes like an addiction and soon we cannot do without it.  We get "hooked" on it.  And though we may see it as good for us we make other people suffer. 
      January 4, 2019 4:51 AM MST

I am a selection on Answermug og. You have to go out of your way to SELECT ME. If you don't like this selection why do you visit? i don't solicit you at all ever. You visit me. Why blame me for your decision? Seriously. Why?
      January 4, 2019 5:47 AM MST

It's a 100% completely open public forum. If one wonders about why or how he/she gets "selected", it's because he/she has posted something on here. 
      January 4, 2019 7:02 AM MST

I agree it's good to let off steam rather than bottling it all up Rosie....and all I meant was that there should be some jollity now and again :)
      January 4, 2019 2:30 PM MST

Well I don't "vent" at all.  Because I don't believe that is the proper way to treat people.  If I have a problem I can't see that the solution should be using others and making them suffer as a means of healing myself.   Which I see as really blaming them for my suffering or anger or whatever.  When they are only trying to lead the best lives for themselves - they are not the reason for my problems.  I am the reason.  I see myself at cause of my fate so I need to take personal responsibility for everything I am feeling and not lay it on others.  It is not their problem but rather it is mine.  So I need to deal with it myself on my own. 
      January 4, 2019 4:57 AM MST

Different strokes. Why do you come here exactly og? Do you know why you are willing to go out of your way to select me? I'm just wondering since you don't seem very delighted to be here.
      January 4, 2019 5:48 AM MST

I believe (and I may be rather a "Pollyanna" in this) that we can all be civil and respectful to lone another and still write and advocate our beliefs and opinions without violating that.  I am not delighted by incivility and disrespect and I don't think you care for that either.  And I know that you know the difference since you are older than I am and grew up at a time when community was regarded as so much more important than it is now.   Why do you become so angry?   When we are respectful of each other don't you think we all have a much nicer time together?  As we often have even though we have disagreed on some things. 
      January 4, 2019 6:43 AM MST

It takes a lot to get me angry, but last night my wife did something incredibly hurtful to me. I PMed a friend here who I knew would give me an ear. If I bring it up to my wife, (which she wouldn't remember, so I won't.) It will just start an argument. She is on my sh** list today. Maybe I'll get lucky and she will go to her hangout today after work.
      January 4, 2019 9:00 AM MST

I vent by asking and answering questions.

It allows me to get my point across and also apologize a lot.

January 4, 2019 9:06 AM MST

That works, too.
      January 4, 2019 9:08 AM MST