Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Have you seen this Kevin Pope postcard? Ha! :)

Have you seen this Kevin Pope postcard? Ha! :)

Posted - January 4, 2019

Responses

OK, I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't "get" what is supposed to be so funny about this and who is Kevin Pope?
      January 4, 2019 11:28 PM MST

Kevin Pope is a cartoonist and artist. He makes me laugh a lot with his sort of warped and 'out-there' type of humor. I think the fashion-lumber one here is really funny -- for no special reason other than its silliness.
    :)

If I come across some more, I'll post some more here but I realize his humor probably is not for everyone. I've been drawn (no pun intended) to his stuff since the first time I saw them.

Image result for kevin pope cartoons
    EDIT:: I tried posting several more cartoons -- they won't post. Sorry. The lumber fashion one I posted here was from an item I saw on ebay.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 5, 2019 10:50 AM MST
      January 5, 2019 10:44 AM MST

Thank for the explanation.  Now in this one you posted, I can see the humor. :)
      January 5, 2019 10:51 AM MST

Oh, hi, Spunky Senior!

I'm glad the details of that one I posted came through -- the one I own, the image is bigger.

And you're welcome for my attempt at an explanation Thanks.
      January 5, 2019 10:56 AM MST

I was wondering if there was some hidden meaning or inside joke relating to the lumber cartoon.  :)  Have a great day.  
      January 5, 2019 10:58 AM MST

Yeah, I can easily see where you're coming from. As far as I know, there is no hidden meaning or inside joke or anything with that one.
    And then, after being his fan for a while, I saw on image of Pope himself -- yeah, what a surprise -- I find him very handsome!

You have a great day, too.

Image result for kevin pope cartoonist -- see you around.

EDIT -- darn -- that didn't post, either. the image is under Google Images under "Kevin Pope cartoonist". He has silver hair and dark eyes.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 5, 2019 11:04 AM MST
      January 5, 2019 11:03 AM MST

I wasn't able to open that image.  I'll see if I can find it on the 'net later.
      January 5, 2019 11:04 AM MST

Yeah, it didn't post - - I added more details in an EDIT up there in the other reply as far as where to find the image. The one I meant to post is Pope, wearing a dark T-shirt and sitting on a desk around his work.
      January 5, 2019 11:06 AM MST

I failed in posting some others.
    Anyway, I have to go to work now but thanks for responding to my question, SpunkySenior!
    If you were here, I'd run and go get my large collection of Kevin Pope cartoons/books/etc. and show them all to you.
      January 5, 2019 10:54 AM MST