Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If you were stranded on a deserted island for an extended period of time with only one other person and there was mutual attraction for each

If you were stranded on a deserted island for an extended period of time with only one other person and there was mutual attraction for each

other, there was no contact with the outside world, no apparent hope of rescue, what would or what might prevent you from being intimate with him/her?

~

Posted - January 6, 2019

Responses

I deleted my post - it's too early for this much nit-picking.
      January 7, 2019 8:01 AM MST

Nothing.  Even if there were contact with the world and hope of rescue.  And not even that much attraction.  If he was a man that would be enough.  Well I think that is the way it works - we make do with what comes our way. On an island or in society. 
      January 14, 2019 6:29 AM MST

• That "claustrophobic" panic feeling of being stranded would be enough for me to not be into intimacy with a stranger.   That, and the potential for whatever cooties he may possibly have from his past relationships.
      January 14, 2019 7:43 AM MST

If it were a woman, not much.  If a guy, I am not into that sort of behavior
      January 14, 2019 8:32 AM MST

No reliable contraception, for a start!
      January 17, 2019 12:27 PM MST