Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Finance » WHAT STUFF ARE YOU 'FRUGAL' ABOUT???????

WHAT STUFF ARE YOU 'FRUGAL' ABOUT???????

So what things/areas of your life are you frugal with?

me? I hate spending lots of money on clothes.......by that i mean, $40 for a simple short sleeved button  down shirt is RIDICULOUS!!!!   

I've never spent more than $10 - $15 for one, and I'm 77!!!

I like to look good, don't get me wrong, but high prices for clothes? no way.......as long as the FIT IS GOOD that's all that matters......

I never spend more than $30 for slacks, and even that gripes me! LOL  :-D

on the other hand, if a book I want costs $100, and I LOVE IT, I'll get it.   I paid $85 for the book of the last photo sitting Monroe did........well worth it!!

so what sorts of things do you hate to spend lots of money on?

come on, there must be something!!!

LOL

:-D

:)

Posted - January 9, 2019

Responses

I don't waste things as a rule.   
      January 9, 2019 9:17 AM MST

Clothing (I shop at Walmart), toothpaste (I buy it at the dollar store.  Same thing better price),  toilet paper (single ply Scotts brand).  
      January 9, 2019 10:44 AM MST

Just about everything
      January 9, 2019 11:16 AM MST

• I never pay full price on clothing. I will go to each grocery store for their specials regardless of the gas money it takes.  Most of our stores are near each other :)
      January 9, 2019 11:54 AM MST

• , Groceries, which is why I shop at Winco.  I save an average of $100.00 a month shopping there rather than Safeway, Lucky, Raley's,etc...
      January 9, 2019 12:11 PM MST

I do grocery shopping at the scratch 'n dent store. I had to adopt a rule: No more bargain foods until I eat something to make room for it!
      January 9, 2019 12:38 PM MST

Pretty much everything. lol This past week, I purchased several cases of "seasonal" nutrition bars. Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread, and Peppermint Clif bars and some Pumpkin Spice Kind bars. I won't normally buy them because they're so expensive, but once they hit the clearance shelf, I'm all over them. No joke, I have enough to last until next fall now. I'm such a dork, I cleaned out everything two grocery stores had. I felt like Queen of the World. 

I'm the same with clothing and I do a lot of shopping at Costco too. Plus, I buy gas there and eyeball the best prices when I can't. Typically, my aim is to find something high-quality and not pay full price for it, but I'll settle for off-brand/ cheap when I can't get something of good quality at a reduced price. 
      January 10, 2019 12:43 AM MST

Coupons: I love them just at anyone does however I won't substitute a brand I love just because another is at a cheaper price.  I love Hellmans Mayonaise and don't want to use anything else.  Pasta Sauce, eggs are two more I have brands I like.  Just sayin...
      January 10, 2019 9:59 AM MST

Look who you're talking to..........................
      January 10, 2019 4:36 PM MST

• Mascara...I buy the drugstore brand. 
      January 10, 2019 4:38 PM MST

I'm generally thrifty but one thing I'm frugal about is my water use. I figure in the not too distant future there will lots of water shortages so I'm learning how to use less water in the house and the garden. Cheers!  
      January 10, 2019 5:02 PM MST

I'm very very frugal with sugar free diet drinks made from chemicals...plus foods with trans fatty acids in them and food look alike things sold in McDonald's..... :(
      January 10, 2019 5:15 PM MST