Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An Answermug friend sez he likes his coffee VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY STRONG. I like strong coffee too but not bitter. Is bitter better?

An Answermug friend sez he likes his coffee VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY STRONG. I like strong coffee too but not bitter. Is bitter better?

What's the point of drinking weak coffee? Just color some water and heat it up. If you can't taste it what's the point of making it?

Posted - January 17, 2019

Responses

I know what you mean by drinking colored water. I usually buy a dark roast coffee and use one tablespoon or more per six-ounce cup. For some that's strong but for me, it works. :)
      January 17, 2019 7:29 AM MST

Is there a brand of coffee you particularly favor ru? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to you! :)
      January 17, 2019 7:40 AM MST

I'm partial to Peets Major Dickason and Folgers Black Silk coffee. Happy Thursday to you too. :)
      January 17, 2019 7:49 AM MST

• Peets Major Dickason is one of my favorites as well.   
      January 17, 2019 7:52 AM MST

Yup. I was impressed when I first tried it. Good coffee. :)
      January 17, 2019 8:20 AM MST

We like Don Francisco Hawaiian Hazelnut but the flavoring is barely discernible. A friend gifted us with a bag of DEATH WISH and a bag of VALHALLA JAVA. Aside from the off-putting nature of the name both coffees were delicious, strong and not remotely bitter which really surprised me!  :)
      January 17, 2019 7:59 AM MST

• Death Wish is very good.   I also like Rocket Java, by I believe it's called Red Brick.  
      January 17, 2019 8:05 AM MST

Okay, you got me there. I've never heard of any of those coffee brands. I should see if the local stores sell those. If they do, I should give them a try. :)
      January 17, 2019 8:24 AM MST

• I love my coffee strong as well.  I don't believe in polluting it with cream, sugar or other stuff, otherwise it becomes more of a dessert with more empty calories.
      January 17, 2019 7:35 AM MST

I guess I won't tell you how I like mine then. Let's just say the way I like my coffee would not be your cuppa tea! Diffrunt strokes! Thank you for your reply lavender and Happy Thursday to thee!
      January 17, 2019 7:39 AM MST

• Happy Thursday to you as well!
      January 17, 2019 7:40 AM MST

Thank you! :)
      January 17, 2019 7:41 AM MST

Bitter is not bad, up to a point, because it's alkaline and alkalinity is good for balancing the excessive acidity (sweet and sour) in many western diets.

But anything in food and beverages can be bad in excess; it's always a matter of balance.

Coffee is highly addictive.
    The more you regularly have, the more you need to get the caffeine effect.

I drink very little because more than one freshly percolated coffee per day is bad for the liver.
    Also, I don't like the feeling of the let down as the effect wears off.

I have a half shot in a large flat white - and I do love the flavour.
    Because I drink it so rarely, it's enough to make me very stimulated and chatty for three hours.
    I also perform more accurately and faster on tests under the influence.
    Any more than a half shot gives me a severe headache.
      January 17, 2019 9:08 PM MST