Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » What's the smartest thing you've seen and animal do?

What's the smartest thing you've seen and animal do?

Posted - January 19, 2019

Responses

Avoid me.
      January 19, 2019 12:38 PM MST

• My cat ran full tilt into my leg "and it hurt" when I decided to walk into his wild playground! He hit me 90 mph! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 21, 2020 6:44 AM MDT
      January 19, 2019 12:43 PM MST

I once saw a Mom Bear show her cubs how to open the "new" Bearproof garbage bins in Yellowstone.  park Service did replace the "new" devices  later that year.

One paw on the Step-plate, the other paw whacks the lid - simple.  Now I still do not know who or how much was paid for that NYC inspired device.  Have you ever noticed how stupid city kids are?
      January 19, 2019 12:44 PM MST

• The grass is greener on the other side of the fence but somebody's got to mow it. Think about it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 19, 2019 6:15 PM MST
      January 19, 2019 6:15 PM MST

Who says you have to mow it?
      January 21, 2019 4:44 PM MST

• Put some tongue action into it. :P

January 19, 2019 12:47 PM MST

• When my son was a kid, he had done something that made me mad and I raised my voice to him.  Our cat same up to me and bit me on my leg!  Added some comic relief to the situation and made everyone laugh!
      January 19, 2019 2:35 PM MST

• *came

January 21, 2019 4:49 PM MST

We have a species of bird around here that builds their nests on the ground. When a predator gets too close to the nest (well there are eggs or young) the adult male will get close to the predator and pretend it's injured so the predator will think it's easy pray - then the bird leads the predator away from the nest. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      January 19, 2019 2:49 PM MST

im usually impressed at how the squirrels survives all year long, especially during winter, without much food outside for them.

January 20, 2019 11:56 AM MST

I saw a documentary about squirrels and part of it was about how in the fall time a squires memory process/capacity increases substantially - then in late spring their memory process/capacity decreases back to what it was. The reason it increases in the fall is so they can remember were they hid all their nuts. Not sure why it decreases in the spring but I guess Mother Nature knows what she's doing. Cheers!
      January 20, 2019 12:24 PM MST

Too many times have seen the smartness
    in animals demonstrated.
    My cat has hundreds of different Meows.
    She knows how to sweet talk me to get
    anything she wants.
    She'll tap me on the shoulder to get my
    attention when she wants something.
    ...Hey I just saw a video
    of this dog carrying a big long stick
    that wouldn't fit the walkway the way
    he was carrying it so he figured out
    just to tilt his head and he could walk
    up the walkway.
        Wow just realized I could go 
    on for a long time with the
    smartness of Dogs haha...
      January 20, 2019 1:24 PM MST

Witnessed by me something over fifteen years ago. Too unbelievable (even to 'experts', it seems) and too long winded to describe here. It was not by any means the most likely candidate either. 
      August 20, 2020 10:42 PM MDT