Active Now

Shuhak
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Animal, vegetable, mineral. Everything on this planet fits into one of those categories. What other categories might be elsewhere?

Animal, vegetable, mineral. Everything on this planet fits into one of those categories. What other categories might be elsewhere?

Posted - January 21, 2019

Responses

My house is built on top of 'The Limestone Capital of the World.'  The soil here is only several feet deep above the limestone. The quarry workers tell me that the limestone is sometimes over 50 feet deep in some quarries. Limestone is a mineral made up of the skeletal remains of sea creatures, basically shellfish. Anyway, this is a case where animals become minerals. A form of this limestone is made into drywall (Sheetrock) used in the interior of most homes. 
      January 21, 2019 3:21 AM MST

I did not know that bh. That limestone is made up of calcified remains of sea creatures. So animal becomes mineral. Does mineral ever become animal? I know vegetable becomes mineral. Ever hear of the PETRIFIED FOREST? Weird. Does animal ever become vegetable? I'm gonna ask. Thanks for your informative-filled reply bh. I appreciate it.
      January 21, 2019 4:09 AM MST

Not everything fits into those three categories. For instance, you're breathing oxygen as you read this, oxygen is a gas, not an animal, mineral nor vegetable.
    ~
      January 21, 2019 7:22 AM MST

There are also rocks and elements. Some elements are also minerals but some are not. 
      January 21, 2019 8:11 AM MST