designer
bevo
bigloseridiotman
Stu Spelling Bee
CallMeIshmael
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Would a ship made out of Pumice ever be able to sink... ? Could it also be crewed by Stoners :)D

Would a ship made out of Pumice ever be able to sink... ? Could it also be crewed by Stoners :)D

Posted - January 24

• 5636
    Pumice is soft and crumbles easily. But at least everybody will have smooth soft feet by the time it sinks!
    2

• 8662
    Are you saying a ship built of it wouldn't be up to scratch then ?      :)D 
    0

• 20079
    Silly Brit. It would almost be impossible to get a huge, single mass of pumice to carve out a ship. There are plenty of stoners, though. Boats and ships have been made from concrete for many years.
    1

• 8662
    My dad rendered a Ferro cement hull of some kind of sailing boat when I was quite small...they have to keep it soaking wet and covered in sacking and keep the sacking wet for many weeks to cure it slowly.

And just do you know......If your only tiny like me....  every Thing looks huge to begin with...!!  Hehe 
    1

• 5636
    I neglected to mention that pumice floats, ship or no ship.

2

• 8662
    That looked amazing to watch...:)
    1