Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I have no desire to learn how to change the oil in cars but admire gals who do. I also adore guys who know their way around a kitchen. You?

I have no desire to learn how to change the oil in cars but admire gals who do. I also adore guys who know their way around a kitchen. You?

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

:)
    I don't always fall into some of the usual gender expectations of others.

I immediately thought of one of my T-shirts I sometimes enjoy wearing (all in good fun!) :

Image result for don't assume i fix things t-shirt

And this one was sold beside it in the store: 

EDIT: - -I'll post the T-shirt with the woman in a separate answer- - got to run and the image won't post where I want it to -- grrr -- 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 17, 2019 8:59 AM MST
      February 16, 2019 6:01 AM MST

Gosh WQ I LOVE it! Very true. We do assume things based on specious assumptions.  It's a lot easier than actually thinking or experiencing or paying any attention at all. Assumptions are shortcuts.Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to y ou! :)
      February 17, 2019 4:05 AM MST

The other image that I tried to post in my other answer- -

EDIT: -- whoa -- that's WAY bigger than I thought it wold be!

Related image
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 17, 2019 8:59 AM MST
      February 16, 2019 6:07 AM MST

That one I like less which is to say not at all. I'll tell ya why. Firstly I have ALWAYS LOVED TO COOK! My mom and grandmother were EXCELLENT cooks and enjoyed it too! Years ago the mom of my son's best friend once said "having to cook is like slave labor". She put it down as if it were beneath her. I know great chefs are Men! I know women are supposed to enjoy cooking. I do. A lot. I think the health of the family is of paramount importance and if women are too lazy to cook from scratch they are not doing what they ought to be doing for their families. Now if you are hoity toity rich you can employ a chef. Or go out to dine at the very finest restaurants. If you are not then you feed your family fast food junk routinely and then wonder why everyone's obese and ill all the time. Go figger! They don't have to LIKE it. But they should DO IT.  I rest my case. Thank you for your reply WQ! :)
      February 17, 2019 4:11 AM MST

I can do both and a lot lot more Rosie....   My dad said I was like a sponge when absorbing  things I watched him do.....:) 
      February 17, 2019 9:37 AM MST