Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » She might look like she is all sugar and spice but she can martial art you to death...being a blackbelt. Do you ASSUME things about people?

She might look like she is all sugar and spice but she can martial art you to death...being a blackbelt. Do you ASSUME things about people?

Based on what? Appearance? Apparel they wear. How they talk? Or do you put a check on your assumptions and wait to find out?

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

Assume makes an a$$ out of u & me. Yes, I've been guilty from time to time. I try not to.
      February 18, 2019 6:39 AM MST

I worked with a petite gal whose name was Crystal. About 5' tall and if she weighed 100 lbs soaking wet I'd be surprised. She took  Aikido (sp?). Her husband was about 6' tall and though their two boys took Karate he just worked out and didn't take any martial arts classes. She could take him down with one wrist. I saw it happen. He shrugged and smiled and said "that's my girl". She told me that it isn't just about the physical. There is something above and beyond that almost goes into the mystical. It involves mind body spirit. It all works together into one fluid motion. It is amazing what knowledge can do. Anyway I'll never forget that.  She was very pretty. I think women should be able to protect themselves with all the nutjobs out there. Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2019 6:48 AM MST
      February 18, 2019 6:47 AM MST

My ex-father-in-law was a weight lifter ... looked like a fireplug.  LOL
    He was so "built", he couldn't do some of the "graceful" martial arts moves.  So he focused on pressure points, instead.
    He could either take you down, writhing in pain ... or use it to relieve whatever aches you had.
      February 18, 2019 12:57 PM MST

Yeahhh ... I never understood that saying.
    I mean, it could make an arse out of the person making the assumption ... but how does that make the other person an arse?

February 18, 2019 12:53 PM MST

Play on the spelling of the word - ass u me - and it's possible, even likely, that we are both making the same assumption about someone/something else.

Who said anything about arses?

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 18, 2019 6:29 PM MST
      February 18, 2019 6:27 PM MST