Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » For those of you who fit this category, what is the number one thing that makes you glad you don't have or are not raising minor children? ~

For those of you who fit this category, what is the number one thing that makes you glad you don't have or are not raising minor children? ~

(Inspired by a news report about parents' struggles to minimize the amount of screen time to which their children are exposed.)

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

I am afraid for the children...they may not have much of a future. I guess I would be talking about all children, not just my grand kids.
      February 18, 2019 7:29 AM MST

(grandkids)
      February 18, 2019 8:23 AM MST

I can never remember that. I am approaching my dotage.
      February 18, 2019 10:22 AM MST

It's a much darker world than when I was growing up.  Back then, you didn't hear about mass shooting or school shootings.  You could go out and play in the street without worrying that someone was going to try and kidnap you.  I guess there have always been cliques in school but they seem meaner than they used to be.  Kids spend too much time on line and not enough socializing after school and on weekends.  
      February 18, 2019 8:34 AM MST

Just what Spunky wrote. I guess I always sort of feared having children because I thought they might turn on me and kill me. 
      February 18, 2019 8:53 AM MST

I could not take care of anyone on just my salary.  Otherwise I would welcome it.  It would have to be enough money where I could be around for the kids. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2019 7:17 PM MST
      February 18, 2019 9:29 AM MST

I would love to have children, but I'm kind of a recluse and I'm a bit nutty so maybe I'm not quite right to be raising them. Makes me sad that I may never have any, but oh well. At least I have my little critters to take my maternal instincts out on.
      February 18, 2019 7:20 PM MST

I'm glad that the children and grandchildren I might have had will not have to experience the effects of global warming.
    I'm glad that I did not contribute to the overpopulation of the world.
    I didn't always feel or think that way, but I have since my late forties.
      February 19, 2019 12:23 AM MST