Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Are you still able to laugh at innuendo or do you find that it comes way too hard these days?

Are you still able to laugh at innuendo or do you find that it comes way too hard these days?

Posted - February 19, 2019

Responses

• Sure, I can find humour in almost anything, unless I’m PMS’ing or something. 

February 19, 2019 1:42 PM MST

•   February 19, 2019 2:37 PM MST

• Lol is there supposed to be something there^? Stop shooting blanks at me.

February 19, 2019 2:47 PM MST

Hello P:

I don't talk about anal sex..                                                             

excon
      February 19, 2019 2:57 PM MST

Not after being in the pokey I would guess.
      February 19, 2019 3:17 PM MST

I am totally jaded by the amount of innuendo here.
      February 19, 2019 3:17 PM MST

innuendo - where an Italian cat sits to  catch some rays
      February 19, 2019 7:10 PM MST

Yes. For example, I was trying to show my boss something on his computer. His font was too small and I had to make it bigger. He asked, "What are you doing?" 

I said, "Making it bigger because I like it BIG". We both started laughing and he told me that he wasn't going there it was too much sexual innuendo going on. 

I said you don't have to feel bad, it's only a font. :D

Keep in mind, we're all past 50 where I work. We're old schoolin'
      February 19, 2019 7:32 PM MST

I couldn't get that close with my boss to laugh like that but it would be more shared silent understanding of such innuendo because our relationship , though close, remains somewhat formal. 
      February 19, 2019 7:47 PM MST

I can appreciate that. Sometimes I wish that the way you describe your relationship with your boss was the way it was where I work. But, I have several bosses and they're all different and very open. I fake it 'til I make it. I told them that once and they all made a sexual reference to that. 

So, there you go. I have to fake it 'til I make it. 
      February 19, 2019 7:59 PM MST

We have been together for a log time and get on just fabulously and though occasionally we might do a little very structured flirting there have always been lines we do not cross. We are both married and he does not play around that I know of which I respect and I want to show him I respect that by respecting those lines.  If by faking it you just good-naturedly  dealing with what they come up with then I agree that is a good policy as far as being accepted.  But doubt I could ever say anything like you did to anyone at work for fear it would be misinterpreted.  For a lot of women of my generation we had to be careful  not to let people at work just see us in terms of sex and marriage because we wanted them to take us seriously as colleagues.  Which I think maybe is less true now than it was 30 years ago.
      February 19, 2019 8:14 PM MST

I laugh when it's unintentional,
    but suppress a groan when it's deliberate.
      February 19, 2019 9:14 PM MST