Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Serious question: Can you actually feel your brain getting smarter with tiny snaps within your skull?

Serious question: Can you actually feel your brain getting smarter with tiny snaps within your skull?

Posted - February 19, 2019

Responses

I don't think it works that way. Those tiny "snaps" are trauma to your big dome.
      February 19, 2019 1:37 PM MST

No...I can hear my brain cells die with a death rattle. Did you actually expect serious answers?
      February 19, 2019 3:15 PM MST

Not offhand---but I occasionally think I hear my arteries clicking shut when I'm eating a fully loaded baked potato.
      February 19, 2019 3:19 PM MST

• Oh I thought those were my brittle brain cells falling off.
      February 19, 2019 3:21 PM MST

• My mom was Mrs C! Been called that really. Mom! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2019 6:34 PM MST
      February 19, 2019 3:25 PM MST

• Haha HaHaHaHaHa..You're cool Mrs.C!
      February 19, 2019 3:25 PM MST

• She's the real Mrs. C then .... :)   I'm an internet imitation.  
    You're pretty cool yourself CW.
      February 19, 2019 3:29 PM MST

All I hear are brain farts.
      February 19, 2019 5:11 PM MST

• Brainfarts! I've had those seriously when I was a drunken teenager. It's a like rubber band being released. Seriously! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 19, 2019 6:34 PM MST
      February 19, 2019 6:29 PM MST

Am I dumb if all I hear is that unbearable static if I have no white noise to drown it out?
      February 19, 2019 5:12 PM MST

Close - but not quite.
    Not as tiny snaps within my skull,
    but as a certain brightness, alertness and quickness of perception, yes.

On a good day, my brain works at least three times faster than on a bad one, and I can feel it distinctly and strongly.
    I practice Lumosity most days.
    When I start, my reflexes, choices and answers measure much faster,
    and within one session, I can see the speed increase with practice.

The biggest influence is how well I slept the previous night.
    Other factors include how much physical work I've been doing that day (exhaustion slows me down),
    and whether I've drunk enough water during hot weather.

Over time, the more I practice, the better I get at each of the micro-skills.

There is a buzz of happiness that comes with each right answer and when I notice how those skills translate into daily life.
    For instance, there's and exercise called "Eagle Eye". It trains you to pay attention to peripheral vision while simultaneously focusing on the centre vision. I've discovered it has improved my driving skills - the improved vision lets me see the animal much sooner, giving me enough time to slow down to let it pass - and this makes me happier.
      February 19, 2019 9:50 PM MST

• I envy your intelligence. I admire your intellect. So, there is some detectatable movement of the brain, but, now, I swear to Ghod that my brain makes tiny acknowledgements that I'm learning with tiny synapse snaps. I mean iT's been real for yeards There must be something further that meets the eye that people aren't admitting since I feel the tiny snaps when I'm ntent on as cerebral thing. I agree with everything you said. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 20, 2019 6:05 PM MST
      February 20, 2019 6:01 PM MST